Track loading in Traktor on BCD-3000

Default Track loading in Traktor on BCD-3000

Been looking at the BCD-3000 as an entry into having some fun. I would like something better, but money is tight for a while and I want something to tide me over.

Looking at the user manual and specification details it seems that to load a track requires using a mouse or keyboard hot keys. I don't fancy this much!!

I would prefer this to be handled by the controller, both scrolling through tracks and loading them, if you get my drift.

Do you think there would be a way of say, reconfiguring/mapping the jog wheel to scroll through this by disabling the scratch facility, which I would have no need for and getting this to do the job?

Or, is there a better way?

Many thanks i anticipation of your reply,

Whitey

I might try this tomorrow.

There's no technical reason why you cant. I think it would be best to map it to a second midi page/modifier so you dont take away from your standard controls too much.

so basically you have a hold/toggle button that when engaged switches the jog wheel to playlist scroll, and a couple of deck load buttons.
    Then when you release it you still have a standard jog wheel for your track.

There's no technical reason why you cant. I think it would be best to map it to a second midi page/modifier so you dont take away from your standard controls too much.

so basically you have a hold/toggle button that when engaged switches the jog wheel to playlist scroll, and a couple of deck load buttons.
    Then when you release it you still have a standard jog wheel for your track.
    Thanks for your reply Wuz,

Yes, you have understood my request. I was thinking of using the scratch button to toggle to the playlist and then the log wheels to scroll through the list as you have understood.

I have no knowledge of midi mapping at the moment, but I understand what I want from a mixer and this one seems to tick all of the baxes for a cheap starting point except for track scrolling/loading.

I would be keen to hear how you get on if you try and once mine arrives I may be bending your ear as to how you did it.

I run a BCD3000 fan forum http://raritiesvault.net/bcd3000
    There we have a basic map for Traktor Pro. We use the 'Key Deck A/B' button as a modifier and have it set so you can browse and load tracks w/o having to use a mouse or keyboard. Try it out!
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Wicked Cheft!!

Thanks a lot

Man, I'm glad I'm a member here.....so much info and helpful people

props to Cheft for his work for stand alone bcd3000 setups.

The reason i havn't submitted any BCD3000 TSI's to this site is because i use a second controller along with it. For anyone to be able to use my TSI i would have to edit my overall config too much.

Whitey, I'm sure you'll pick up the midi configuration rather quickly and be rocking it in no time.

i used chefts map, and tweeked a couple things to better fit my needs of a "basic" controller setup. i am brand new to mapping though (and djing for that matter), so there are still kinks to work out.

if you want to try out what ive made, go here:
    2 files, read me very similar to chefts but filling you in on the updates that i did to the map, as well as the map
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1...78de785cc0f59e