iPod DJ's ?

Thread: iPod DJ's ?

Tech Mentor

Default iPod DJ's ?

Oke guys, think I am very guilty to this one. Last saturday there was this birthdayparty from a girl i know. I was there (nobody asked me to DJ, so i didnt took my stuff with me obviously) and they hooked up an iPod to a stereo to play music. But everybody was switching songs, really annoying. So i walked up, took over the iPod and started paying songs trough that iPod and my own iPod. No mixing ofcourse and sometimes a little silence (when switiching iPod).

But the people had a great time, and it was very fun to do. They didn't even care the silences!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Risc12 View Post
    But the people had a great time, and it was very fun to do. They didn't even care the silences!
    The great secret that bothers insecure DJ's. If the music is good most people don't care how it's delivered.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

@photojojo , jeah, and it got me thinking why we actually are bitching around about CDJs, Vinyl, MP3s and stuff. What does it matter? It ain't 'classic'? Wth, the audience doesnt give a shit...

Indeed.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Risc12 View Post
    @photojojo , jeah, and it got me thinking why we actually are bitching around about CDJs, Vinyl, MP3s and stuff. What does it matter? It ain't 'classic'? Wth, the audience doesnt give a shit...
    The audience wants good music put together in a way that makes sense. Hell, I'd rather have drops of silence than terrible beatmatching.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Music is music . . . .

Ps, some of the best parties we have played (practically raves) we weren't asked to DJ but still ended up finding the organiser and getting a slot!
    | TSP2 | Behringer DJX 750 | NI Audio 8 | Asus Eee PC | Novation Launchpad | Kontrol X1 | 2x Technics 1210 MK II's