I was thinking...

Default I was thinking...

Hey DJTT!
    I was thinking about building a midi controller just don't know how to exactly connect everything. I need some help ASAP!
    OXYGEN 8 + Acer Netbook + Traktor + DJFRAGGIE!

Tech Mentor

Step One: Read every thread in this list.

Hey DJFragger!
    On behalf of DJTT I'd like to let you know it's actually handy to first do some searching, preferrably in the forum dedicated to building midi controllers!
    And if you end up with questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck and let us know what you're up to!
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJFragger View Post
    Hey DJTT!
    I was thinking about building a midi controller just don't know how to exactly connect everything. I need some help ASAP!
    Ok... Asking for help on such a vague and broad topic usually draws snarky remarks which will most likely discourage you....

My constructive criticism for using these forums is to choose a better thread title than "I was thinking..." You probably turned away 75% of the readers by doing that. Next time try "DIY Midi Controller Questions - Novice or Noob or Beginner".

Also don't ask for help "ASAP!" because you won't get it--besides, you don't need help "ASAP!"...you don't even know what you are doing...chances are you don't have a deadline to hit so chill on demanding help in such a way.

Finally, be more specific on what you are trying to do so that members can give accurate direction. 90% of the members here are helpful.

Now, my advice on building a controller is to:

A. Think of a design, sketch it out, and upload it to the forum...
    B. The forum members will help you choose a "brain" that will allow you to achieve your end result
    C. Buy a soldering iron and some solder, practice soldering (maybe take apart some headphones, remove the wires, and solder them back together...YouTube is your friend!!!) Because to answer your question, soldering is how you connect everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Ok... Asking for help on such a vague and broad topic usually draws snarky remarks which will most likely discourage you....

My constructive criticism for using these forums is to choose a better thread title than "I was thinking..." You probably turned away 75% of the readers by doing that. Next time try "DIY Midi Controller Questions - Novice or Noob or Beginner".

Also don't ask for help "ASAP!" because you won't get it--besides, you don't need help "ASAP!"...you don't even know what you are doing...chances are you don't have a deadline to hit so chill on demanding help in such a way.

Finally, be more specific on what you are trying to do so that members can give accurate direction. 90% of the members here are helpful.

Now, my advice on building a controller is to:

A. Think of a design, sketch it out, and upload it to the forum...
    B. The forum members will help you choose a "brain" that will allow you to achieve your end result
    C. Buy a soldering iron and some solder, practice soldering (maybe take apart some headphones, remove the wires, and solder them back together...YouTube is your friend!!!) Because to answer your question, soldering is how you connect everything.
    Thanks for the advice!
    I know I am demanding in this but really couldn't think while I was writing.
    I know I need to do some research also.
    But Thank you again for the advice!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJFragger View Post
    Thanks for the advice!
    I know I am demanding in this but really couldn't think while I was writing.
    I know I need to do some research also.
    But Thank you again for the advice!
    Mikey, :/
    MBP 2.4 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB RAM | VCI-100 SE FW1.4 | MidiFighter | LPD8 | X-session Pro | Launch Pad | MPD24 | Radium 49e
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.0.3 | Ableton Suite 8 | Mixed In Key

Blog | SoundCloud 1 | Soundcloud 2 | Mix Cloud |Like

I have a another question...
    I was thinking if it would be easier to build off a different controller.

Quote Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee View Post
    Mikey, :/
    What Fred I posted this when I wasn't thinking straight, and I was bored. Sorry...