Soundcard help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soundcard help

Tech Wizard

Default Soundcard help

Hey whats up guys. First threat on this site so take it easy on my. I am a broke College student who decided to pick up Djing. I currently have a Numark Mixtrack as a controller. I couldn't afford to buy a Dj soundcard by Numark or Traktor so I picked up a external soundcard for a computer. It is working fine with VDJ when I need to cue up my upcoming track. The problem is that I want to start using Traktor. They only setback is that I cant seem to be able to use my soundcard with Traktor. I have tried ASIO4ALL and still now solution. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

bump
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSpekz View Post
    Hey whats up guys. First threat on this site so take it easy on my. I am a broke College student who decided to pick up Djing. I currently have a Numark Mixtrack as a controller. I couldn't afford to buy a Dj soundcard by Numark or Traktor so I picked up a external soundcard for a computer. It is working fine with VDJ when I need to cue up my upcoming track. The problem is that I want to start using Traktor. They only setback is that I cant seem to be able to use my soundcard with Traktor. I have tried ASIO4ALL and still now solution. Any help?

Thanks in advance.
    Are you using Windows or Mac?

If Mac, I don't believe you can use two soundcards at the same time (internal and your external, for example), or at least not without a bit of faff to get the Mac to recognise and use both at the same time.

If Windows, you need to configure it in Traktor configuration. However, you ideally needed (if you haven't got one already) an external soundcard with 2 outputs. Having one output will allow you to send master output to either left or right channel and the monitor output to the other.

however, this is obviously far from ideal. However, I used to have a KAM external soundcard with one output and could configure Traktor Pro to send master out of Windows laptop's onboard sound and the monitor out of the KAM's output. So, if your external soundcard only has one output, you should be able to do this.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Wizard

@Bunford, Yea I'm using Windows. The way I have it through VDJ is my master going through the onboard card and for the cue I use my external.

What was your configuration with Traktor, if I may know?
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

It sounds like to me you don't have ASIO4ALL setup correctly.

Can you post a screenshot of your ASIO control panel?

Not sure sorry as it was ages ago. And now you've mentioned VirtualDJ I'm doubting myself thinking it was when I tried that!?

Connect your external card and make sure (using device manager) that your machine has recognised it. Plug in your headphones or speakers to the external card and switch Windows' default sounds output to your external car and play a song on iTunes/Windows Media PLayer (or whatever you use) just to make sure you have an output.

Then, open up Traktor and go to the config section. Go to audio output and have a look in there. See if you can set your master out to the onboard sound output and the monitor to the external sound card.

My feeling though is that I have it mixed up with VDJ and you can only select one output card in Traktor.

However, saying that, I'm sure that with ASIO4ALL you should be able to aggregate the sound cards so they are recognised as one device by Traktor. However, in the drop down menus you should then be able to use both by using the drop-down menus in the master/monitor outputs.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Wizard

Here is a screenshot of the config I am getting.

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

I think you forgot to attach it....

Tech Wizard

Forgot to attach what?

The screen shot...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast