VCI 100 Problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI 100 Problems

Hi,

I am having problems after doing the 1.4 firmware update. Initially all seemed fine, disco mode worked and all was well. Then suddenly, the controls are affecting each other, particularly the pitch faders that are altering the mixer settings. It seems that most controls are affecting each other and its pretty unusable.

I have re-installed the tsi many times (using the large button) re-started and all the usual stuff, even tried a different PC and Traktor Pro 2 all give pretty similar results, is it possible the VCI has a fault? The data light stays on in some pitch fader positions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fantasywebm; 04-12-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Extra Info

Tech Convert

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I haven't yet, I guess that's got to be worth a go, and I will be able to report if the upgrade tool still works after going through the washing machine!

Cheers!

Sounds like you have your in/out ports set to 'all ports'.

Select the VCI in both drop down menus.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Hi, Yes that is a good point, in fact I have them set to USB Audio Device since that is the only option I have with Win XP. I notice with Win 7 I have the choice of Vestax PC Controller, so I am guessing that info is coming from the OS when the hardware first installs itself? (I would use this but I have issues with Traktor crashing that I am working through with NI)

Honestly, since I started all this, I have never had so many issues with various things, seem to spend more time getting the gear to work than playing! Between 2 PC's, 2 Traktors, and 3 OS's just about manage to cobble something together to make some dodgy sounds!

Tech Convert

Update on my last post....

I have reflashed the 1.4 firmware, disco mode proves its installed OK? But, I am getting really bad problems, only occasionally will this perform as it should. The weird thing is that, sometimes its starts off ok, but then gradually deteriates to the point of being unusable, with a single control effecting multiple others. I can replicate this behaviour on other computers, XP and windows 7. I was on the point of deciding that it was the VCI itself, but then why would it sometimes work, and works fine with the 1.4 basic tsi that was recently posted (thanks!)

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywebm View Post
    Hi, Yes that is a good point, in fact I have them set to USB Audio Device
    Sounds like you're looking at the wrong drop down menus. Click where it says 'Big Import Button' in my sig and look in the top right. Where it says midifighter in IN and OUT, it should say VCI-100 when you have your VCI mapping selected in the main drop down.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Hi,

Yes, that where I am selecting, seems to be USB Audio Device on XP and Vestax PC Controller in Win 7. Please see this image...

http://www.justoffbase.com/VCI.jpg

Any other ideas, PLEASE!??

Tech Convert

What can cause one control on the VCI to effect multiple others in Traktor, is that called bleeding? Certainly is what I am calling it LOL. Could this possibly be an earthing issue?

Tech Convert

So now, I am at a total loss, I don't mind trying anything, could there be something obvious I am overlooking? I am considering buying another VCI just to see if there is any difference. I haven't heard about the VCI ever being 'faulty' in this respect, but, I am really running out of options. Has the DJTT workshop ever come across this? Someone talk to me please!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast