CDJs, External Mixer and TPro2 Questions...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default CDJs, External Mixer and TPro2 Questions...

Currently running Tpro in external mode with 2 Cdjs, mixer along with a Midifighter and Hercules controller for added bits and pieces. Audio interface is an Audio2DJ.

I am unable to use decks C and D in external mode due to my Audio2 lack of outputs, but can run all 4 decks fine in internal mode using just my controllers, not CDJs or ext. mixer.

If I upgrade to Tpro2 and continue mixing externally, and want to use the sample decks, are the sample decks the same as being decks C and D? If so, I can't mix externally correct? Would I have to upgrade to a different soundcard?

Or are the sample decks mappable and not correlated to decks C and D and can be used with my Audio 2 in external mode?

Thanks for the help. Want to get my stuff straight before purchasing...
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

I want to say yes, but I am not 100% certain. I will go home and test it out tonight. I have an Audio4 but it should be the same, mapping A&C to channel 1, and B&D to channel 2.

I remember some people saying that it requires an Audio6/10 but others have said it works for them and they have the Audio2/4/8 interfaces.

OK,

I just set it up and it worked for me. External mode and I was able to map it out like this.

Decks A&C(sample deck) assigned to channel 1
    Decks B&D(track deck) assigned to channel 2

Thanks I would love to know. I'd really don't want to have to spill more money on a soundcard just for damn samples...I was hoping they were just mappable.
    KRK RP8sFG

Thanks for giving it a try! Is there going to be a problem though because I'm on an Audio2 and you on an Audio4?

Also, any reason you are keeping you sample decks on the left side and play on the right? Can you do A and B as play decks and C and D as sample?
    KRK RP8sFG

Bored at work bump. Thought this would be a common question, hopefully more can chime in!
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Can you do A and B as play decks and C and D as sample?
    I use that layout, and I can route them to 2 channels of an external mixer with my A2 no problem.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I use that layout, and I can route them to 2 channels of an external mixer with my A2 no problem.

Do you mind if I could see a screen shot of your channel setup?
    Does the volume faders on the mixer then only control the playing decks A and B? How do you control the volume of the sample decks?
    KRK RP8sFG

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Do you mind if I could see a screen shot of your channel setup?
    Does the volume faders on the mixer then only control the playing decks A and B? How do you control the volume of the sample decks?
    I'm at work, but basically if you've routed deck A to 1&2 and deck B to 3&4, you do the same with decks C&D.

The mixer volume faders will control the volume of both channels routed to them at the same time. Each deck (sample or track) has its own gain in the software, and each sample deck also has its own individual volume control.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Just thought I'd say that if you were looking for a 4 channel mixer you could add another audio 2 and use the ASIO drivers to combine them so traktor can use both at once. Cheaper than buying a 4 channel sound card.

You know, in case you decide you want to do want more channels.

Safe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast