i5 mobile djing recommendations (samsung r480)

Default i5 mobile djing recommendations (samsung r480)

hi guys

am about to purchase a new laptop and was really impressed by all those new i5 processors which seems strong and affordable for mobile djing

so am wondering is an i5 laptop good enough specially if am planing to use traktor s4 with TP2 and ableton all together ? or should i wait a bit more and go for those expensive i7 ones

to be more precise am really leaning towards this Samsung R480 or the next one from the same series with 2gb graphix (since am a bit of a gamer too)
    for its price range so help is appreciated specially from people who own already a samsung R480
    What Do You Call a Half Angel Half Devil ? ... a DJ !

Software: Traktor S4, Ableton Live 8, Windows 7
    Hardware: Traktor Kontrol S4, HDJ1000,PC i7 4gb ram, WD external 1tb, Akai APC 40 (soon), 2x Technics SL-1210M5G

i5 should be fine. so you know, traktor only utilises one core so you won't have much of an advantage (yet) with the i5 over a core 2 duo, but I believe ableton does.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I use a Dell latitude E6420 with the new i5 sandy bride cpu (2540m) and it works just fine with TP2 and the S4. I actually have my traktor configured at the highest sound quality settings and achieve a latency of 4.7ms. The cpu hoovers around 40% with these settings and might spike when im getting crazy on the S4 but it never pops or cracks. Though some would argue using the highest sample rate is not even beneficial so take the cpu spikes with a grain of salt here as it is not necessary to run it at these settings.

I use a Samsung R780, with i5, 4 gb ram and 1 gig graphix card. I can easilly run ableton and 4 decks on VDJ with video, without any stress on my system. Granted this is after some minor tweaks, check the streamlining your engine articles on the main page. Or take a look how i rocked the MIDI FIGHT CLUB 2010 in Berlin, using the R780 in a really big life environment

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/08/2...ort/#more-7427

peace, Honestly Who
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL