Traktor Scratch Duo 2 Skipping/Static sound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Scratch Duo 2 Skipping/Static sound

I recently upgraded to Traktor Scratch Duo 2 and I seem to have encountered a terrible problem. While using timecode vinyl my tracks seem to skip and have a crazy fuzzy static sound to them during a mix. This problem seems to happen randomly, but most often when i am pulling the record back and forth. I thought it was a timecode issue, but i have changed timecode records AND needles on my turntable and them problem is persisting. It even happens when I have the deck set to not be controlled by the timecode. ANYONE experiencing this problem? PLEASE HELP

Tech Wizard

Is your keylock on? Is it in high quality mode? Some people over on the NI forums were indicating that going to eco. mode helped with a similar sounding issue. You might also want to try upping your latency a little and seeing if that helps?

Default Key lock

My key lock is on hiQ mode. Going to switch to eco mode when I get home from school and see if it helps. Praying to the DJ gods that this helps cuz I do not want to switch back to Traktor 1 and loose my sample decks

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Also try upping your latency
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

My latency is set at 512, What would you suggest upping it too?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Your audio latency in Traktor is 512? You sure? That really doesn't sound right. Your latency should be measured in milliseconds
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Latency is 14 milliseconds. says 512 next to latency and above the milliseconds, not sure why. the milliseconds changes as the "512" number changes. What is a good setting in milliseconds?

Tech Wizard

512 with my built in sound card (old MBP) is 6ms, 6.5ms, 12ms, or 13.1 depending on the sample rate... I would have thought an Audio 4/6/8/10 would have made that lower?

Quote Originally Posted by D_G_ View Post
    Is your keylock on? Is it in high quality mode? Some people over on the NI forums were indicating that going to eco. mode helped with a similar sounding issue. You might also want to try upping your latency a little and seeing if that helps?
    Thank you so very much for this. With Traktor Pro on my two notebooks, it used to be on Eco mode but when I imported the settings created on my desktop (was on the HQ mode there), I didn't notice this at first and was getting frustrated because just about every setting less than 16ms resulted in glitches. My cheapo self assembled desktop with a cheap ESi Maya44 PCI soundcard does 2.9ms happily in HQ mode with no glitches. That was why I forgot about it. Thanks again!
    Know thy music ...

I am at school so im only able to see the settings for the bulit in sound card being that my Audio 4 is at home. Latency is prolly different i will post back with the actually latency with the audio 4 connected asap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast