Some modifier help please!

Default Some modifier help please!

So I am making my own tsi for my Xponent and Nanopad. I have pretty much everything setup apart from one or two things.

I want to make use of the fact that T pro always has a filter in the mixer and decided to assign this to the gain knob on the Xponent. I tried to set it so that when the gain kill switch (no such thing in Traktor) is held down, the knob controls the filter and when released, it controls the gain.

To do this I made a modifier, M8 and set M8=1 and pressed the kill switch. Then I set filter on as the kill switch and set it to hold with no modifier.
    Next I set a filter control to direct and mapped it to the gain knob with m8=1, thinking that this meant it would only change when the kill switch was held.

However, this bloody thing won't work properly! When I turn the knob without the kill switch pressed, only the gain knob moves in traktor. Which is what i want. BUT when I hold the button down, the filter turns on yet turning the knob doesn't affect the filter at all. AND the gain still moves aswell.

I don't have a clue whats wrong so any advice would be aweshum! I will be eternally gratefull to anyone who can help!

Oh and if someone can give me an answer to this problem aswell:

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2827

I will probably actually cry. I'm that stuck.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

First, you need to set the modifier of the Gain knob to M8V0. This tells Traktor that the Gain knob should ONLY move when M8 is 0, so when you hit the button that no longer happens.

Make sure that the only two controls that have a modifier value are the Gain and the Filter. Mod1 and Mod2 should be blank for Filter On and Modifier #8

Should look like the attached.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    First, you need to set the modifier of the Gain knob to M8V0. This tells Traktor that the Gain knob should ONLY move when M8 is 0, so when you hit the button that no longer happens.

Make sure that the only two controls that have a modifier value are the Gain and the Filter. Mod1 and Mod2 should be blank for Filter On and Modifier #8

Should look like the attached.
    Okay I did just that and now the gain only moves when i dont have the button pressed, like you said....... but the filter doesn't move at all. I'll upload some screenies so you can see what i have mapped.

Your modifier for the Filtter is M1V1 not M8V1
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Right again my man. The amount of times i double checked to make sure it was all right is unreal and yet I still got it wrong. Cheers for the help bro!

We all do it. Good luck to ya!
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall