xone db4

Thread: xone db4

Default xone db4

i think im going to start saving for one... but i have a couple questions real quick... just to clarify...

It dosn't have a built in audio interface right? if it dose is it serato or traktor certified?

should i wait until christmas and see if somthing better comes out?

are its effects and looper and filters really that much better than traktors?

as always thanks for the advice... I just looked at specs. and i know the first question seems silly but i didnt see anything about it having one... and most mixers in that price range do. or at least i feel like they do.. but i have an audio 10 and TSP 2 ne ways.

Tech Wizard

It has a built in, 4 channel soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    It dosn't have a built in audio interface right? if it dose is it serato or traktor certified?
    Yes, but it's not certified. If you have an audio 10, then no worries.

should i wait until christmas and see if somthing better comes out?
    A&H have just released that, Pioneer have just released the nexus, I doubt there will be anything similar coming out for a couple of years.

are its effects and looper and filters really that much better than traktors?
    No. Just different. It can's access Traktor's beatgrids so it's not going to be as reliable at looping, I hear the effects are good but so are Traktor's. It's an A&H though, so the filters will be unreal.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

it's worth tracking one down and having a listen to get some perspective on the differences between the DB4's effects, dual filter mode eq, and multimode filters with that of traktor. in my experience, the divide is not minor in the least bit (it's quite pronounced in fidelity and function) and continues to reward as one becomes more intimate with what the DB4 has to offer.