Xone:22 flight case
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone:22 flight case

Can anyone point me in the direction of a company that makes a case that would fit this mixer? I've looked around and I'm not quite sure what size case I need. The top measures 9.5" wide (side-to-side) but thats just the top plate where it would screw into a case, the part that would go into the case is 7.5". It is 11.75" long (front-to-back). I would like a case that has a laptop shelf with bonus points if it has room for my soundcard (audio 2). I dont use turntables, but I was thinking I would possibly upgrade to just 1 later on in the year but I dont imagine they make cases with room for just 1 TT. I do use an X1 and LPD8 but I dont necessarily need room for them (although if they make a case with room for 1 TT I could put them in that spot for the time being). Thanks in advance.

Odyssey makes cases that will literally fit any sort of mixer. They also make custom cases if you call them. It'll run you quite a bit, but I'm sure that they should make one that fits it without having to customize one. I'll look for a specific case for you, but I'm sure that if you were to email odyssey they would instantly know what to do for you. I'll post a link in a little while when I find a good one.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

You make it seem like you want to mount your mixer in this case...It's difficult to find rack mounted mixer flight case that's just a mixer. Normally you'll find combo cases with a rack mounted mixer, but rarely individual cases.

Here is an odyssey flight case that pretty much fulfills everything that you want:

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-p...ight-Case.html

They normally come with extra pieces of foam to fit certain mixers, but if you want one that you know 100% will fit your mixer, it's a much better option to special order one directly from Odyssey. To make sure that you get the extra foam it might be a good idea to email them immediately after you place your order or include it in the order details. That's pretty much my $.02.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Wizard

I'm not looking to rack mount my mixer, I was just giving all the specs that my have been needed. That was one of the cases I was looking at but a few things worry me on that design:
    1- the top half of the mixer controls seem to be blocked by the card shelf
    2- i think it may block my headphone jack in the front

I will be emailing them about what would possibly work so thanks a lot for that bit of advice. I really hope I dont have to have one custom made as it would possibly cost as much as the mixer.

edit: that website is unbearable to search through.
    Last edited by thugbear2005; 04-14-2011 at 04:31 AM.

I know, the odyssey website is appalling. It eats memory on my work PC if I leave it open.

The sound card shelf will slide all the way back under the laptop so you don't need to worry about that. Are you sure about the headphone port? It does have that big opening slot on the front.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

I got an email back from them and they said the xone:22 should fit. I'm gonna head to guitar center this weekend and if it does I may be walking home with a new case