Ean help!!!

Thread: Ean help!!!

Default Ean help!!!

So im trying to upgrade my firmware and I did everything like the video, but when i try to program flash it says boot failed, so i unplugged usb and turned off and tried again, but now it wont even turn on, am I f**ked?

figured out i think (disabling usp pci card then re-enabling and rebooting) and now i just got the serial to usb error with a serial to serial cable

if your using a serial to serial cable, then you should be fine. Just make sure you follow each step very carefully and if everything is done correctly then you should have success.

best of luck

Hey Ean, was wondering if you could take a look at my posts just under this one... I think everything was done correctly, but want to know a good way to check and see...

Thanks

Wait. Is there any possibility that using a usb extender cable to power the vci won't give it enough current to reflash the eprom? Will using a dc adapter possibly help? I assume I can find the power specs on the box.

Also, I have seen you post that a straight through db9 serial to serial cable works, but other posts have referenced that a null modem cable works.

Thanks Ean - Hope for success!
    Last edited by spazticmidget; 10-09-2009 at 05:27 PM.

FYI- A Null modem cable will NOT work.