How do you change the view on the small waveform? Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How do you change the view on the small waveform? Traktor

My pal uses traktor scratch pro like me, but unlike on the way mine is set up his has a different locater type on the small wave form window. Mine has just 2 yellow lines... one for where you are in the track and one for where your needle/CD position is. On his the yellow line that tells you your position in the track also has lines running horizontally that make a like a box as you move further into the track. It's a lot clearer to see. I'm running the lastest version of 1. Can't seem to find where I can edit these settings.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

From that description I have no idea what that is, never seen it. Ask your mate for a screenshot or mock one up maybe so we can get a better idea?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't have Scratch, but looking through the Traktor Bible my best guess is that might be preferences>time code setup>track start position. If not I'm sure you can find the info in the manual.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

you talking about the minute markers?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
    bingo

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    From that description I have no idea what that is, never seen it. Ask your mate for a screenshot or mock one up maybe so we can get a better idea?
    if my pal was in this country then i'd happily do that for you. but i saw it on his system mid set so didnt wanna bother him while he was playin and he's abroad so not possible. thought its gotta be cos he has a later version than me so assumed if i update my shit it will happen but it aint. ok, this aint 100% wot im talkin about but to begin with you see there's yellow lines running on top and underneath the smaller wave form window? why aint my version got that shit?

turned these on... no difference

Why doesn't my bike have tassles on the handles?

LOL

Just teasing!

That's Traktor 1.2.x....

there is a setting for that little waveform (stoned and forget what its called)....to change its view.

Never use it tho..
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Why doesn't my bike have tassles on the handles?

LOL

Just teasing!

That's Traktor 1.2.x....

there is a setting for that little waveform (stoned and forget what its called)....to change its view.

Never use it tho..
    im on 1.2.7. dont have em on my version. its got nothin to do with his has got pretty colours and mine aint. Its to do with visibility during a performance. Right... that pic i posted above, imagine the greyed out part (the bit that has been played) having the yellow lines im talking about on that bit. And the bit that aint greyed out (the bit that aint been played yet) that doesnt have the horizontal yellow lines. And the vertical red line that divides the greyed out part from the none greyed out part, imagine that being yellow. So now we have a box right?... a yellow line on top, and one underneath, plus another one as the marker that moves along the part of the tune you're on as it plays (the bit that divides the played and none-played part), then the grid marker number 1 make sup a complete box. Get me so far? Well that box is obviously gonna get bigger as the tune plays. well my pal has that shit and mine dont. I want it cos its easier to see.

All i can think is he's on PC Im on mac, coule that be it? if not how do i make it like his?

edit: sorry been at a funeral all day... went drinking after with the family bit drunk
    Last edited by dodge; 04-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Tech Guru

just a quick mock up but his looked like this as the tune played

What I was gonna say. Or that the beat grid markers are set to full maybe.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast