Broken (?) Tempo Fader VCI-100
    Tech Student

Default Broken (?) Tempo Fader VCI-100

Hi guys,

When I tried to remove the right tempo faders cap, I used a bit too much force and broke a piece of plastic (inside the fader), which holds the pin of the fader.

I tried to repair it by desoldering the fader, fixing the plastic parts with glue and resoldering it. Now my VCI is constantly sending midi-data (MIDI Send-LED is lit up all the time) and i figured it's because of the fader, since the software fader in Traktor is kind of "wobbling" the tempo +/- 0.1%. Wouldn't do much damage on the sound itself, but permanently receiving midi-data could lead to problems i guess.

I deleted the corresponding midi-command in the midi-mapping, which fixed the software fader-wobbling but not the hardware fader of course. Then I desoldered the fader, but it's still sending midi-data!?

Anyone familiar with this problem or the electronic functionality of the tempo fader? Not sure wether i have a broken fader or a broken pcb now :/

Tech Convert

you could use a midi monitor like this to check if you're receiving any incorrect midi signals.

Tech Student

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Although I am not so much concerned about incorrect signals but about a permanent signal at all. My midi-led on the controller is lit up all the time as well as the "software led" in Traktor. This is wrong since they should only flash when I touch the jogwheels or move the faders / knobs.

So my question is: Why is my tempo fader constantly sending signals (even if completely desoldered) and how can I fix this?