Mods to ns7???

Thread: Mods to ns7???

Tech Convert

Default Mods to ns7???

Hey, this is my first post, let me know if it's in the right place

I've been searching for pics/info on modified NS7s. I'm thinking of adding arcade buttons to really make it special.

Obviously that would require cutting into the metal face plate and moving the play, cue and sync buttons further down. Then you would need to cut holes for the arcade buttons where the hot cues are.

It seems feasible and would make the NS7 a trully epic controller (as imho the main gripe I have with it is the annoying buttons it ships with).

Although I use mine with Itch, as I am not changing the midi function of any buttons, just the actual hardware itself it should be possible right?

I am new to the world of controllerism, and have very little experience with midi - but would love to learn.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

+1

I own a NS7 as well, and would love to give it something fresh

if anyone is interested in customizing their faceplate, here is a great website to do so.

http://www.12inchskinz.com/products/...2d-CUSTOM.html

Tech Convert

I think it would be kick ass if I could squeeze arcade buttons on mine! Cue point juggles are tough with such small rubber buttons. Also my current buttons are starting to break.

But I don't wanna screw up my NS7! I hav no experiencewith this kind of thing, but I figure that as long as I don't destroy it in the process it's worth a try.

Has anyone opened up an ns7 before? I need to see if there is any room in there to do this and how the pcb is all wired up to the buttons.

At the same time I don't wanna open it and f*** it up!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Yup its possible if theirs enough room inside it should be easy enough i mean all buttons work the same way just different packages. They all just close a circuit. I would assume though that the buttons under the platter are wired to the same pcb like the vci100 but thats just a guess
    I play everything Indie/ Rock/ HipHop/ Cheese/ Electro/ Dubstep and anything that sounds good

Tsp 1.7/ Tsp 2/ Sony vaio Win 7 4gb Ram / Macbook Pro 13 inch (Main machine) /vci 100 se/ mixdeck/ audio 8/ technics rph headphones/ Custom xBox Controller/ Akai Lpd8