DIY maschine wood side panels
    Tech Guru

Default DIY maschine wood side panels

Hey guys I was Contemplating getting a carpenter to due up some side panels for my maschine similar to the ones they gave away. My only concern is how would I stick the side panels to my maschine?

Probably adhesive, or some very thought out elastic band contraption.

Is the Maschine case metal?
    If so maybe you could get the carpenter to route a slot in a piece of wood to accept one of these magnetic strips.

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fas...magnetic+strip

Obviously if you plan on moving it about much then you would need a more permanent fix.

imo i wouldnt go about using magnetic strips on your gear, depending on how much of a permanent fix (i.e. glue or epoxy) ... or you can look into 3M products such as their removable white foam mounting tape or their double sided tapes (grey foam kind) for a temp. setup.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Good point D!RK.

I was thinking of how Stanton connect there SCS system. Doesn't seem to effect components in that system.

Should be easy enough to do.Had a little google and it seems the best way is to take apart the unit and fix through the mashine casing from the inside.
    Im assuming that way they can be replaced if damaged etc.Other option would be some good adhesive,you probably wont want any possibility of them falling off when moving the unit around to gigs etc,taking them off again would be a big no no
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidetrakd View Post
    Should be easy enough to do.Had a little google and it seems the best way is to take apart the unit and fix through the mashine casing from the inside.
    This. I've never taken my Maschine apart, but if I wanted to put wood side panels on it I would drill two holes on each side near the top and bottom of the unit. I would also have the carpenter route out a groove on the inside of the wood panels to match the maschine case so that it would sit flush.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

These panels fit the Maschine with the aid of screws and metal rods but am hoping to have an all teak trim available soon...