What to buy next?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default What to buy next?

Here is my current setup: TP2, Akai APC20 for 2 Deck + 2 Looping control, DDM4K in Midi mode for Mixer+Effects. I also have a Stanton Str8-80 TT hooked up so i can throw on some vinyl if I'm in the mood. I really wanna get a DVS system with either CDJs or TT's. I have some money coming in I don't know how much but at least a few hundred. My wife is getting me the Audio 6 for a present so that just leaves the CD'J's or the Vinyl(I'll tell her about the Traktor upgrade price later :P)

What would you all suggest. Buy a used pair of say denon DN-S****, buy a single Pioneer CDJ-350/800 or wait and buy something a little beefier. Another option would be to pick up another TT which are fairly cheap (500$ or less for pair of used Techs)

I love my DDM4K but I would prefer to use it in mixer mode rather than Midi mode and I think with the CDJs/TTs I would love the feel a lot better.

Any suggestions?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DN-S series hands down. much better than turntables and they blow the Pioneer CDJs away

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    500$ or less for pair of used Techs
    Done!

Quote Originally Posted by ajrindy View Post
    DN-S series hands down. much better than turntables and they blow the Pioneer CDJs away
    herhhrrrhrrhrhhmmmm depends on what you want to do. Good units no doubt.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

as for the DN-S Series which models would you suggest?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    as for the dn-s series which models would you suggest?
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

You should get the TSP2 upgrade, and a 2nd TT (or a CDJ?). You'd have a killer DVS set-up there with the APC and the DDM4K. Use the DDM as a 4 channel audio mixer, use your APC for 2 (midi) decks, and a channel each for the TT's/CD's.

(Get your Mrs. to put towards the TSP2 (hardware) upgrade and get the Audio 10 instead of the Audio 6...)

yeah Buffalo said it - you need an A10dj if you want to use ddm4k as ext mixer. or a used A8. Used A8, Tpro upgrade and second TT would be good.

then use the apc to control all your sample decks and looping of decks a & b

Tech Mentor

well just in case you want Denons. I have 2 DN-S1200s that I am trying to sell. they are great for traktor (using either control disc, midi mode, or denons new Hybrid-Midi). chose these over the CDJ 400s and never looked back, absolutely love them. send me a pm if interested I'm only selling because my car just got totaled and I would like to sell them to some one that will put them too good use.
    Last edited by Invoke; 04-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Tech Mentor

The DN- s3700's look sick. $700 at DJDeals.com. Can hook up a hard drive and link two of them using d-link. Essentially this is what I wanted to do with CDJ- 2000's but this might be a cheaper alternative and those platters look sick. Forget the laptop and just use these with a hard drive connected and go to town.

Tech Mentor

^@ Chris I thought you could only share key board and Hot Cue info with D link. at least thats how it is on the S1200s you would need to connect a hard drive to each unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast