APC 40 or 2 Lanchpads and a Novation Zero SL MK2 for my Ableton set up

Default APC 40 or 2 Lanchpads and a Novation Zero SL MK2 for my Ableton set up

Ok basically im trying to work out what i want my Ableton hardware set up to be and.... im getting my hands on an APC40 to test over the weekend....

But i wanted to see what you guys thought about the other option which is having a couple of Launchpads and a Novation Zero SL MK2 (http://www.novationmusic.com/product.../zero_sl_mk_ii )

Has anyone tried any of the latter?

Should i just stick with the APC40 and my midi keyboard?

Leme know.

I have a similar setup and TBH the SLMK2 and launch pads come in very handy. I would actually recommend them all as they each have strengths :P
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is strictly going to come down to convenience and style. I have one launchpad and a remote 25SL mkI and I love it. Wasn't as much of a fun of the APC40.

But for live performance, I can totally see the appeal of the APC40.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    This is strictly going to come down to convenience and style. I have one launchpad and a remote 25SL mkI and I love it. Wasn't as much of a fun of the APC40.

But for live performance, I can totally see the appeal of the APC40.

The real power from the apc40 is achieved with bomes. Without it I find it lacking some important functions/features. But the same could go for just about any of it
    I am no longer affiliated with Beatler/Beatport Pro.
    Gearslut, Tech Whore, Programmer, Graphic Designer, Photographer, DJ/Producer
    Current Setup: Macbook Pro 15" Core i7, Macbook 13", Xone 4D, 2x Xone 1D, 2x Korg PadKontrol, iPad2, Novation Remote Zero SL MKII, APC40, APC20, Axiom Pro 49, Novation Launch Pad, TraktorPro 2, Ableton

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh Bomes... I <3 thee
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

LOL bomes?

Ok just spent tonight with the APC40 controlling different parts of a track im working on and also practised using it for a performance type of scenario (bass on one channel, claps on another and so on) .... and i gota say....the integration is amazing!

Im thinking this and a nice solid keyboard could be all i need....

love my apc40
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--