Any Way to set any number for Button Options set to value?
    Tech Mentor

Default Any Way to set any number for Button Options set to value?

Posted in the Mappings forum but to no avail..

I'm trying to figure out how to set up a beatmasher like in Ean's video, and am trying to do it in a dedicated effects deck of 3 beatmashers, all at different values. However, in trying to map a button that sets them all to appropriate values (1/4,1/8,1/16) so 0.5, 0.7, 0.9 or whatever, I can't do this for some reason in the Set to Value under Button Options in a Direct mapping. Would someone help me out with being able to change the value of the button to whatever I want.

Also, when I map a button to simultaneously turn an effect on and enable that effect in that deck, there is about a half beat of lag (I do this for the beatmasher, so I need to press the button about a half beat early in order for it to engage on the beat I want).. Hardware problem or is it just a bad mapping?

The options for direct setting of a value to an effect are only 0,0.2,0.4,0.6 etc.. What gives?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you double click in the box you should be able to type the value in manually.

As far as it not responding at the correct time, is it taking half a beat or is it doing it when you release the button?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

I'm using hold to trigger the beatmasher, so it's taking a whole half-beat to kick in. This only happens when I am map a button to turn on the effect in the FX panel and simultaneously enable the FX panel in the deck I want to use. Does anyone even do this or just keep FX 1-4 or whatever enabled in each deck and just use the "on" within the FX panel to use them?

Does it happen if the FX panel is already on for that deck?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Nope, works fine when it's already enabled in the deck. May have to just keep it on I haven't figured out my effect set up quite yet.. Thanks for the help with the values though! D'oh!

It's because things need to happen in a specific order. The best way to deal with this is have one group of buttons for the FX units in the decks, and another group of buttons for the FX units themselves. Then you'll be set.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Don't know if this helps Liam but i have the FX button (the one in the mixer section) turned on always.

Also i have 4 buttons mapped to turn on the beatmasher and to change the length.

Button 1 turns on the beatmasher and sets the length to 3/16 (0.650 value)
    Button 2 turns on the beatmasher and sets the length to 2/16 (0.800 value)
    Button 3 turns on the beatmasher and sets the length to 1/16 (0.900 value)
    Button 4 turns on the beatmasher and sets the length to 1/32 (1.000 value)
    Last edited by extraclassic; 04-15-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, seems odd but I guess it really isn't necessary at all to turn on/off two things rather than just one. Haven't totally done my effects setup yet cause I'm fairly new to traktor but it should work out alright.

Tech Mentor

It's amazing how I can be having trouble with something and then someone makes a thread about the exact same thing.
    Just keeping my effects units on at all times is the way to go it seems.