How will VCI-400 work with 4 decks and 2 volume sliders?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How will VCM-400 work with 4 decks and 2 volume sliders?

FULL VCI-400 INFO HERE

I am looking at this new Vestax VCM-400 (meant to write that..mods can fix the header...), but I am wondering how it will work well with using 4 decks and only having 2 volume sliders, eq's , etc...

I mean if volumes are at say 80% on deck A / line A
    and one switches the button to decks C/D mode and wants to mix in deck c..wouldn't it be at 80% too, without slamming the volume faders as fast as light to the bottow (0%)? I mean what will one have to do. I know a little about the "Software take over mode" , but I tried it with Traktor Pro running modifiers and do not see anything helpful or special about it. So, does this VCI-400 have something unique about its' midi?
    Last edited by EanGolden; 09-30-2011 at 11:53 PM.

You could set it up so that in your example (assuming that deck C is currently @ 0%) nothing happens to the volume of deck C until you reach the same % as it is currently set (0%). This would mean that you cannot raise the volume until you have put the fader to the 0% mark... Likewise, nothing would happen to deck A on changing back until the fader crosses the 80% mark.

I think I have that right, at work atm...

Or alternatively, you could map those long pitch faders to deck C and D volume. This is what i'd do considering there is a lack of crossfader for some reason?
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

I had the same initial thoughts Claudek, until I read Ean's 'notable additions' a second time - one of them was the following

long tempo sliders (C/D volume control?)
    So I guess Sc1C is correct

there is a lack of crossfader for some reason?
    Seems like a major miss, I wonder why they have not put one on this controller?

Tech Guru

Yes, I was thinking of using tempo sliders for volume too..but this is not what Vestax are doing or it would say Tempo/level.Middle faders say levels. For one to slam the faders to 0 at light speed on decks c/d, is kind of a "poor man's " trick. I do not suppose Vestax to expect users to do this..or do they?

How much do you think this 'bad boy' will be then?

Just because it's a higher number than 100 and 300 can we assume it will be more expensive than these 2?

It looks pretty cool, don't you think?

Tech Wizard

Just to clarify this new controller from Vestax is called the VCM-400.
    It is modeled after the VCM-100 (see Vestax website), not the VCI-100.
    It is not a successor to the VCI-100.

And yes, it would be easier if Vestax just gave their products better names.

Tech Guru

yes.I meant VCM-400!! Thanks for finding the obvious error.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You use the soft-takeover function that SC1C was talking about. Have they announced if it's 14-bit? i haven't had time to check
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

I have been trying this software takeover..It does nothing for me in Traktor Pro. How is this supposed to work?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast