Midi Controllerism Software - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

i don't know how much interest there is still in using gamepads as midi controllers but i've added hid (input) support to midi masher. only tested so far with the cheapo 12 button gamepad that i have here but seems to work well. this simple config turns my gamepad into a 4banks midi fighter, tho only with banks 1+2 available due to the lack of buttons:

Code:
    open_hid_device("gp", "gamepad_12btn", "USB Gamepad")
    open_midi_device("mf1", "generic", "MidiFighter1 Input", "MidiFighter1 Output")
    virtual_midifighter_4banks("gp", 0, "mf1", 0, 0)
    windows only still but an osx port is coming very soon...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

wow this thread is a bloody spam bot trap then... might as well follow up on my last post to this thread and say that a mac port now exists for midimasher. in fact its mac+linux that i test on and just build on windows when i release
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

yay more spam... they're not even trying to scrape now - just posting *generic* messages

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Raydon View Post
    He guys! Yesterday I found the perfect solution for us - Fergos Midi Joystick

It is a translator from HID (Gamepad...) to Midi AND Keystrokes!

It supports multiple Joysticks AND is freeware! The tool we have ever wanted? I tested it with a Saitek USB Gamepad and a XBOX 360 wireless Controller. It works perfect - good news for the next DIY Projects
    Hi guys! Noob here... Ive managed to connect my joystick to my PC thru this Fergo Software. But I just want to ask if how I can link this to traktor or any other DJ Software.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by OMPONG View Post
    Hi guys! Noob here... Ive managed to connect my joystick to my PC thru this Fergo Software. But I just want to ask if how I can link this to traktor or any other DJ Software.

TIA!
    u need a virtual midi port - so something like loopMIDI or loopBE. i used to use loopMIDI when running windows and didn't have any issues with it.

Tech Convert

This one is for the mac users;
    JUNXION from steim; supports almost anything with usb (hid) and can translate this to whatever midi-message
    http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion_v4.html
    MULTICONTROL by arj; hid to midi
    http://www.arj.no/2008/02/25/multicontrol-v04/
    And don't forget the new AUTOMAP from novation; automap 4 has a very powerful qwerty-mapping feature! you can program a combination of keys for example; shift,command,u in ableton live under one button.... very handy, and saves you from rsi!

Tech Convert

Default A good joystick software (HID to MIDI)

This is also one of the HID to MIDI softwares on the net, and it works prefectly fine in my setup. So if you don't find the other ones good enough, give this a try

http://www.fergonez.net/index.php?la...ge=apps&pid=14

hey, so which midi controller is the best on the market for under 200? any good ones for under 150?

Default Midi translator for Mac for AVB Ethernet

Been looking for a way to send midi from one Mac to another Via Ethernet. I know of Audio Midi Studio built into OSX, and of its master and slave abilities. Seems bonjour still needs a translator to send the midi messages through ethernet. I found this app, it just crashes on my mac pro and macbook pro.http://vmpk.sourceforge.net
    If you wonder why I would share midi signals across 2 computers. It's for running multiple applications at the same time, with the same controller. ie. Traktor and Serato from 2 computers with one DDJ SX 2. Thanks, hope I didn't clutter this thread with my troubles, but I did leave a link. Just seems yall might be the only people speaking my language figured it's worth a shot.

Tech Mentor

google ipmidi
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast