Looking for opinions on behringer ddm -4000 mixer.
    Tech Wizard

Default Looking for opinions on behringer ddm -4000 mixer.

I bought a behringer ddm-4000 used and I get it Tommorrow. I see good reviews all over the Internet on it but a couple of guys that work at guitar center just told me it's a piece of crap. One said it's terrible for scratching so now I'm wondering if I bought a piece of crap. Any people out here with experience on this mixer and if so please share your thoughts, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behringer sometimes make really good kit, other times it's not so good. My experience with the DDM-4000 is that you get a lot of features for the money, but the build quality means you have to look after it. If you're planning on hammering the cross fader with scratching then invest in either a battle mixer or a better crossfader.
    If it's staying on a desk in your house and you don't plan on abusing it with tricks then it will be just fine.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

I absolutely LOVED mine. Had it for 2 years with ZERO issues.

It's NOT a club mixer, or a gigging DJ's mixer - it's a MASSIVELY featured bedroom DJ mixer. Keep in installed in one place, and it'll be fine.

Re: the cross-fader - I was surprised at how good it actually was. It is nice and loose - great for scratching. It's a Behringer proprietary fader (X1 Infinium) and they currently go for £25 (bargain). The cut in is not great (cut in is a problem on ANY fader that is not fully adjustable), but it's easily adjustable by doing the "Credit Card Mod" (check Youtube for how to do it).

It's definitely NOT a piece a crap, and once you do the credit card mod on the fader, scratching will be a pleasure! The only issue with scratching, is the placement of those eq kill buttons...

You will not find a more feature rich, and FUN mixer for anywhere NEAR the same money.

Combine scratching with the 2 FX units and the sampler, and you are SERIOUSLY gonna have a BLAST.

(If I ever had to sell my DJM-850, I'd be buying a DDM4K without hesitation).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I absolutely LOVED mine. Had it for 2 years with ZERO issues.

It's NOT a club mixer, or a gigging DJ's mixer - it's a MASSIVELY featured bedroom DJ mixer. Keep in installed in one place, and it'll be fine.

Re: the cross-fader - I was surprised at how good it actually was. It is nice and loose - great for scratching. It's a Behringer proprietary fader (X1 Infinium) and they currently go for £25 (bargain). The cut in is not great (cut in is a problem on ANY fader that is not fully adjustable), but it's easily adjustable by doing the "Credit Card Mod" (check Youtube for how to do it).

It's definitely NOT a piece a crap, and once you do the credit card mod on the fader, scratching will be a pleasure! The only issue with scratching, is the placement of those eq kill buttons...

You will not find a more feature rich, and FUN mixer for anywhere NEAR the same money.

Combine scratching with the 2 FX units and the sampler, and you are SERIOUSLY gonna have a BLAST.

(If I ever had to sell my DJM-850, I'd be buying a DDM4K without hesitation).
    Excellent !!! Yeah I knew all these great reviews could not just be a coincidence, thank you for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk