need some help with my new keyboard

Default need some help with my new keyboard

okay just to say it right itīs a pc keyboard with letters and numbers

the thing is: i have some globalkeys and 2 scroll weels for volume and internet navigation on the keyboard that i would like to asign to traktor 3.

the problem is that i canīt just do it buy hotkeysetting learn in traktor. i downloaded bomes but man my english for this program is not enough to understand it that good. and maybe iīm at a totally wrong point trying this with bomes. so if any of u could point me to a way getting acces to configure the keyboard i would be fuckin happy!

(still have not enough money for a midicontroller :/)
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

OK, it's simple. Open Bome's and add a new a new translator. Under the INCOMING tab, select Keystoke in the pulldown menu. I prefer selecting "Key Down event" as this will only trigger the key once when pressed. Now when you move the globalkey or wheel it should register. After that select the rules you need and the MIDI output you desire.

Another option is a program GlovePIE which will also translate the keypress into MIDI. I think it's a little easier to use, but some people have problems with stability.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

hm...okay. this will take some time for me beeing able to understand all the processes and stuff. but hey thats good.
    i installed glovepie which looks a bit easier for me to understand.

thank u cheft!

edit:
    ha okay i got it. wasnīt that hard. but the only problem is that scroll wheel for internet gets recognized by glovepie but the volumeknob not. when i choose the volumeknob manually it is listed in the keyboard buttons list but it doesnīt work...hm.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 01-19-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by earl-panda View Post
    i downloaded bomes but man my english for this program is not enough to understand it that good.
    I hear ya. It's not mainly your lack of English skills, the documentation is just poorly written from a usability point of view.

yes ur right! but hey glovepie works pretty good for me and i tested it last night...and there was no problem with glovepie. i tried it out with some gamepads, joysticks. i even had the chance to get to use my 30 years old nintendo controller.

now that i know how this stuff works iīm trying to build a controller from all my old consolecontroller and joystick.

the next days will be very interessting for me.

a small step for djtt a fuckin big one for mister panda!

(glad that i found this site one year ago!!!!!!!!)