Serato and Traktor setup.. GIG
    Tech Convert

Default Serato and Traktor setup.. GIG

Hello Guys,

Most DJs that use Traktor will experience the previous DJ using Traktor so it makes the setup a little confusing. I am wondering if there is a very simple way I can plug Traktor Audio 4 into the Serato Box?

I know there are a couple of Thru ports on it but still uncertain.

I read a previous NI post but it got very confusing as I am not using the core cables.

Thanks

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If there's a mixer there it makes the most sense to plug into a channel there.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

I came across a situation where one of the channels didnt work (4 channel mixer)

If I were to plug up my traktor audio 4 I would have to pull out the RCA's from the CDJ.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

That very well might be your only option.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Banned

Here's a really simple answer... play in serato when you play out. I used traktor for a long time as a practicing analog for serato because I didnt have a Serato box or decks. And bringing my audio 8 and several annoying cables to an already over crowded booth was only complicating life. I just layed everything out in traktor to practiced internally or whatever graba free copy of serato from the website, transfer your cue points to serato by time stamps (its really fast and you need no serato hardware) then just plug in your laptop, no cable switchs needed and play what you already practiced or whatever just in serato.

Did it for 2 years til i got an serato box.. Traktor at home serato everywhere else. Unless you need sync or want 309442390487324 effects without the bridge serato and traktor and very much alike.(timecode DJ perspective)