VCI-100+Traktor Pro tsi - no SE overlay required
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default VCI-100+Traktor Pro tsi - no SE overlay required

Hey

First off, DJ TT is the nuts! I've taken so much from this site i wanted to give something back

I've created a tsi for VCI -100 with Traktor Pro that requires no overlay. I mix deep house and disco redit stuff (Greg Wilson, Lindstrom etc) or party tunes that all have different bpm, so this tsi is aimed at that kind of set up.

(NB that SE overlay looks wicked and the way it works looks very logical and cool but i have kind of started using my VCI without so just wanted to get the best out of the standard layout)

I used Zac Kyoti's tsi as a base (hope you don't mind dude, it's an amazing tsi man but i'm not really a scratch dj but i wanted that feel for the plates so i kind of tweaked the other functions, mainly fx and loop to more what i'm used to)

It's also a mixture of some other tsi files i've tried too.

I'm not amazing at mapping (i don't even massively understand modifiers) so that's why it's not too complicated. There might be some really obvious things i need to update - let me know.

I've also attached a kind of guide with pictures that i cobbled together on photoshop. It's included in the zip file.

Enjoy

http://www.maxonemusic.com/djtt-mods/tsi-files-vci-100/

Please give me any feedback or tweak/change it and repost it.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-04-2011 at 12:08 AM.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

No problem dude, that's what it's there for!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

I really like this map. The touch wheels are spot on and the controls havent been over complicated.
    Last edited by Mixerdave; 03-22-2009 at 04:47 AM.

I've fallen in love with this lay-out! Great job man! Voted EXCELLENT!

One question - my comp died and I had to reinstall everything. Now the lights don't light up as they used to (all the controls are there...) What can I do to fix this?
    Last edited by ACE; 02-02-2009 at 02:25 AM.

Tech Convert

You probably haven't re-selected you midi controller as an output device, i believe by defualt that's set to off

Tech Wizard

Im gonna try it out. This is exactly what i need

Tech Guru

How does scratching work on this? I am trying to learn from this if it works. I tried it and re-mapped a little to my vci-300 and when i hit scratch it stops playback.Does it do this here too? I am trying to have it so if scratch is on then the platters will be like vinyl and if scratch is off , platters will not be active for scratch. Do the platters control pitch nudge? Like platter to the right and pitch will bend like on a 1200?
    Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Thanx for the tsi file it works great. Do you have any plans upgrading it in the future?

Default almost perfect

hello, the tsi works almost perfectly, the problem is that the cue/play and cue/stop in deck A dont work like in deck B, in deck B when you hit one of those it goes back to the last cue, in deck A the song keeps playing and both buttons only mark new cues when you hit them, i tryed deleting and remaking those comands but it keep behaving like that, anyone have an ideia what it might be?

Tech Wizard

Hey

I can't help you but i also used this tks file, and would really enjoy seing this file working perfectly. So please let some one help this guy

If you manage to fix the tks it would be great if you let me know

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast