Will there still be Traktor Pro updates even though Traktor 2 is out now?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will there still be Traktor Pro updates even though Traktor 2 is out now?

Just wondering because I'm not sure if I'm going to upgrade or not.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, no. The TP team is working on TP2 updates only.

it's the same situation like with Traktor 3... they stopped right after traktor pro was released. needless to say, latest versions of Tpro and T3 are really stable IMO - what do you need updates for?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    it's the same situation like with Traktor 3... they stopped right after traktor pro was released. needless to say, latest versions of Tpro and T3 are really stable IMO - what do you need updates for?
    Totally agree. If anything screws up, it's usually 99.9% user caused such as installing too much unnecessary software or dodgy computer hardware. They've been so stable in recent years that I've actually grown so complacent as to not even bring CDs to my gigs anymore.
    Know thy music ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Progen View Post
    Totally agree. If anything screws up, it's usually 99.9% user caused such as installing too much unnecessary software or dodgy computer hardware. They've been so stable in recent years that I've actually grown so complacent as to not even bring CDs to my gigs anymore.
    Isn't part of the process of updating to make it more stable? I like having some of the new features too.

In terms of the features, eventually Traktor Pro will seem really outdated to TP2.

At my day job, we're still using Windows XP which is a bit ridiculous. People always complained about stability with Vista, but I had no problems whatsoever. Using an almost 10 year old OS like XP just seems embarassing, especially because I'm at the largest telecommunications company in the country.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    Isn't part of the process of updating to make it more stable? I like having some of the new features too.

In terms of the features, eventually Traktor Pro will seem really outdated to TP2.

At my day job, we're still using Windows XP which is a bit ridiculous. People always complained about stability with Vista, but I had no problems whatsoever. Using an almost 10 year old OS like XP just seems embarassing, especially because I'm at the largest telecommunications company in the country.
    i believe you fail to understand what updates are intended for.
    if it aint broke, don't tweak it. it's already stable as it is

Quote Originally Posted by tuchubby View Post
    if it aint broke, don't tweak it. it's already stable as it is
    this

At my day job, we're still using Windows XP which is a bit ridiculous.
    and this

People always complained about stability with Vista, but I had no problems whatsoever.
    but not this. vista was absolute poo.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    vista was absolute poo.
    hahahahahahaa

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There is no further work on Traktor Pro.

All work is now on T2.

Quote Originally Posted by tuchubby View Post
    ... if it aint broke, don't tweak it. it's already stable as it is
    And I broke that rule so badly during my last 2 back to back weekend gigs. Went to install Traktor Pro 2 on BOTH my DJ notebooks and messed up the Windows 7 systems somewhat with the constant tweaking plus installing and uninstalling of the most recent Audio 8 DJ drivers thinking that it was some conflict or incomplete updating causing all the audio glitches.

Know thy music ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast