What music are you into outside of DJ/electro/house/dubstep/hip hop etc etc? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    Shameless, shameless plug. That or you're extremely egotistical to list your own band as one of your 3 favourite bands
    Any chance to plug I do. When you have an up and coming band (lol) you do whatever it takes haha

Quote Originally Posted by DjSweekUh View Post
    Any chance to plug I do. When you have an up and coming band (lol) you do whatever it takes haha
    Tell me about it!

The Cartelles

This was my old band (who are still going). I was lead guitarist and quit about 3 years ago, but these are still my songs that I wrote and EP I played on and instigated on their site. :eek: We actually began to break the UK unsigned bands scene playing all over UK, with bands like Super Furry Animals and The Automatic and opened main stage at a major August bank holiday weekend festival called Get Loaded in the Park in 2007. Following us on stage was Kate Nash, Newton Faulkner, Dizzee Rascal, Super Furry Animals, The Streets amongst others! Was a surreal experience being backstage jamming in the morning with Newton Faulkner and Dizzee Rascal making impromptue raps!

Was hard to maintain when the other 3 were sponging, lazy bums though!
    Last edited by Bunford; 04-20-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Mainly mellow stuff like Tom Waits and Massive Attack, Portishead. The music I DJ is generally so aggressive that when I am not listening to that I listen to more relaxed kinda tunes to declutter the brain. Also classic rock, classical music and some good big band jazz.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

STP, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine and RHCP are pretty much everything I grew up with. Nas, Wu-Tang Clan, etc etc... Some AC/DC..

I'm also into some rock/punk... Going to see one of my favorite bands "Rise Against" on May 6th.

So yah, my tastes are all over the place. Good music is good music for a reason.
    MBP & a i5-2500k/asus p8p67 pro/8gb (1600mhz)ram/ Win7 x64 - Kontrol S4 - KRK 5s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Indie, Brit Rock and some Synthpop

Tbh, outside the dj booth i only really listen to trance. i cant listen to music at work so its whnever im in the house/in the car
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Some Jazz. The Bad Plus is one of my favourite banda for a while now. Also some classics like Coltrane, Brubeck etc.

Punk/Alternative. The earlier Distillers Albums like Sing Sing Death House. Me First And The Gimme Gimmes (more Ska), YeahYeahYeahs. Still adore my old Pixies/Breeders CDs.

Gotta admit, I also love Bjørk. Must be one of the few people that actually can listen to the entire Medulla Album at once. On the other hand, I also have quite a few They Might Be Giants albums, so I guess I have a thing for weirder side of music.

Oh, and of course Radiohead. All the way.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Oh and it's always nice to see more people listening to Okkervil River. I've been a fan of theirs for years
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

80's-90's punk, all three waves of ska, and underground hip-hop mostly.

I play guitar in a thrash-punk band and in a traditional surf rock band. I also sing and play a few instruments in an Irish folk/drunken singalong band.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Guru

classic rock big time... probably the only umbrella genre i love more than dance music, which is saying a lot.

all the usual suspects like Beatles, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, CCR etc. from the 60s & 70s era mostly.
    not to mention a gazillion of the obscure groups who only had one hit wonders (if any hits at all)...

i'm not sure if stuff from the 80s and 90s falls under the "classic rock" category now, but i like many rock bands from those eras as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast