Traktor & Itunes Playcount
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Traktor & Itunes Playcount

    Do these two field get handled different in each prog? is there no way that one can update and it be seen in the other program and vice versa?

    Cheers
    G
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

  2. #2

    Default

    Same for ratings to?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

  3. #3
    Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tekki's crotch
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    I'm not entirely sure as I'd never use iTunes, but I think Traktor saves its playcount inside a metadata-field of the file itself or in its library for filetypes without metadata.

    iTunes stores the playcount inside its own library.

    Afaik there is no way to synchronise them. I don't know about the improved iTunes integration in Traktor Pro 2 though.
    DJDiscourse.com the new DJ community

  4. #4

    Default

    In Traktor Pro 2, the ratings do sync. I set all my ratings in iTunes and do all my library management there and it's all come over to TP2 nicely.

    As far as the play count goes, I don't think there's any way to sync that.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

  5. #5
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    I don't think playcount is stored in the mp3.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPanda View Post
    In Traktor Pro 2, the ratings do sync. I set all my ratings in iTunes and do all my library management there and it's all come over to TP2 nicely.

    As far as the play count goes, I don't think there's any way to sync that.
    That's only on the initial import correct? After you import a song into the collection are you able to change the rating in iTunes and it carry over to Traktor? I'm not and I'm using T2 as well.
    Chris Jennings FHP

    Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

  6. #6
    Tech Guru lethal_pizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maida Vegas, London
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    iTunes doesn't use the standard tags for playcount or rating
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    iTunes doesn't use the standard tags for playcount or rating
    Good old itunes
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    That's only on the initial import correct? After you import a song into the collection are you able to change the rating in iTunes and it carry over to Traktor? I'm not and I'm using T2 as well.
    I never import into the Traktor library. I just load the tracks out of the iTunes playlists and libraries. Using a lot of Smart Playlists these days and this way they're always up to date.

    Is there a reason not to do that? I haven't had any issues yet.

    I'm pretty sure from there I've changed the rating in iTunes and it updated in Traktor and vice versa. I could be wrong though.

    I did notice though that when I change bpm in Traktor, it's updating the bpm in iTunes as well. I have to open the song in iTunes to see the changes, but they do make it over.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

  9. #9
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    Traktor will work best when you play off the collection. Plus you don't get file art when you play off the Itunes node.
    Chris Jennings FHP

    Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPanda View Post
    I never import into the Traktor library. I just load the tracks out of the iTunes playlists and libraries. Using a lot of Smart Playlists these days and this way they're always up to date.
    I'm also using a lot of smart playlists now. Great way of working. The problem is that because of the play count not updating, I can't make a smart playlist based on the play count. (I like to find old gems that I haven't played in ages and play them again).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •