30 Minute Psy/Prog mix (Criticism Welcome and Needed)

Arrow 30 Minute Psy/Prog mix (Criticism Welcome and Needed)

Me trying to branch out into something other than Drum and Bass please tell me what I do poorly and what I do well, if you love it, hate it, hate me, whatever any criticism is constructive.

Tracklist

Behind Blue Eyes, Sun Control Species - Second Sunrise - Iboga Records
    Nyquist - Otagu (Perfect Stranger Mix) - Iboga Records
    Duca - Juicy Noises (Nord Remix) - Iboga Records
    Day Din - Northern Lights - Spin Twist Records
    Nyquist - Nasturro - Iboga Records
    Erotic Dream - The Last Drop - Uxmal Records
    Vibrasphere - Erosion (Glenn Morrison & Bruce Aisher Remix) - Tribal Vision Records
    Ace Ventura - Genesis (Captain Hook Remix) - Iboga Records
    Eric Prydz - Call On Me
    Neo - Aura (Cosmonaut Remix) - Electrofly Records

Thanks for listening any advice on different mix techniques is greatly appreciated.
    Mike
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Will have a listen soon ! You sent this one over to our group yet bud? Iboga, Spin Twist, Tribal Vision. Boom
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I just joined and sent the mix to the group in your sig...hope you enjoy it. Also someone told me that if you drop your incoming track when the time says -3:30 a bunch of hookers with blow show up with your own private jet, but alas it wasn't to be be good bud

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Listening now bruv
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Some lovely tunes in here man. Digging the lower bpm stuff atm myself .. 128 - 133

Smooth taste in music. You've inspired me to make a psy prog mix now lol haven't listened to Psy in years

Thanks for listening you two...

A couple of questions, What are some common ways to mix psy prog/trance, I feel like I'm essentially still playing in the Drum and Bass style (fast cut with lows and mids very low and bring the highs in then the mids, then swap basslines at the drop) I'm sure there are some other styles I could be trying to utilize but I really don't have anything to go on as a reference other than the internet (I am the western oklahoma underground lol) so if someone could clue me in I'd be ecstatic. Also who are some other producers/labels that do the psy prog sound like the day din track and the behind blue eyes and sun control species track.

Check out Iono Records and Blue Tune as well. Iboga used to be just one label but the trance stuff goes under Iboga Trance now. Plusquam is a great varied label as well.
    Last edited by Jester; 04-23-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Mate even some of the big names do pretty lazy mixing (quick cuts, just use kills etc)
    I like your style actually.

Right on, I'll check out those other labels soon. I hear what your are saying about the big names being lazy, they can get away with it with pre pre pre advance tunes and quality track selection.
    also, that is some high praise to me to have you say you like my style jester, thanks much