VCI100+X1 mapping TP2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI100+X1 mapping TP2

Ok.. this is my first message on this forum but I read it a long time.
    I apologize in advance for my english...
    I tweaked a few things in 3.6.4 mapping fm 1.4 and in the X1 mapping to have a better layout in mau setup. I hope you like it and if anyone had some suggestions he would welcome.

Well... this is my new VCI 100 layout:

Attachment 5160

and this is the X1 layout:

Attachment 5166

I wil start to explain that the X1 essentially runs the samplers, FX1 and the FX 2 units for A,B,C and D decks, loops for deck A and B, loop recorder, slot volume, hotcues for deck A and B, while the VCI 100 runs the same things like in 3.6.4 without decks C and D and FX units.

I have completely changed the FX layout in the VCI and now looks like this:

Attachment 5167

"Sample Deck" button selects deck C, deck D or the "Sound Color" mode.
    In deck C or D mode the buttons activate the filter on/off for 1,2,3 and 4 slot while the encorders handle the amount filter for each slot.
    The "Sound Color" mode runs the FX 3 unit in Master (deck A and B together) mode whit some preset effect combinations selected by buttons ( 4 preset combinations ) while the knobs runs the D/W plus the other FX3 parameters.
    I have not finish yet this!!!

The "Play mode" button is to select if each slot is in Loop or Oneshot play. Hold it while select which slot you want change.
    The "Copy Loop record" button is to copy the Loop Recorder in every slot you want.
    The ex Sample button now is to Record your Mix while the mini encorder now are for Cue Volume or Mix and for Master Volume.

Attachment 5168

The center of VCI now is for CUE A,B,C,D and here you have also the Gains for A and B decks plus the C and D Faders.
    After thinking a long time I decided to add the C and D faders for these reasons:
    A) Without any mixer in addition I can have the controls on all 4 faders and Cues.
    B) With a two channels mixer it is possible to link the A and C deck in one channel and the B and D deck in the other. When the deck A is playing and the 2 channels mixer volume fader is on and I wanted to Cue the deck "C" it is possible acting on the Fader C knobs. The same for others scenarios.
    C) With a tree channels mixer it is something as above.
    D) Whit a four channels and a 8 outs sound card there no problem... :eek::eek::eek:

If you have some opinions in this, well.. tell me please!

Attachment 5169

I left the management of loops to the X1 and so I added Master tempo and Tempo Range and I thougt to the Fader Start feature that would take advantage from the fm 1.4 faders of the VCI but I have not implemented yet this. Is only an idea...!! By pressing this button playing when the fader is at zero the song stop and the last cue is engaged.

Attachment 5170

Last one but not for "significance" (is this the right word?) is the FX preset section that is the same whit in plus some effetcs that it is possible to select trought the C and D buttons, in the same way that the original presets trought the A and B Cue.

Ok.. this is all for VCI.
    For X1, instead, I have a mix of two original NI mappings ( the addon x1 map and the original map) where in normal mode you control the Plays, Triggers of each slot.
    Hotcue mode is unchanged, so it is possible to control the A and B hotcues. Loops encorders are invariated in their functions.
    The other two encorder control all the slot Volume together, left one for deck C and right one for deck D. In normal mode when pressed, the left enconrder starts the Loop Record, whit Shift button hold it changes the D/W amount and when pressed Undo. The Right encorder in normal mode when pressed Play/Stop the Loop Recorder, with Shift button hold it changes the Size and when pressed Delete the last record.
    Effect side remains unchanged.

Ok.. this is everithing, I hope I have beenfrankly in my explanation.

I have a few days to finish everithing and then I wil post the .tsi file.
    Last edited by astyno; 04-21-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Tech Mentor

i spent the last few weeks trying to decide if i should sell my vci and buy the s4, or keep the vci and buy the x1. after seeing this post im very glad i chose to go with the x1!!!

i hope DJTT releases a VCI/X1 TP2 mapping aswell

Tech Guru

awesome job man!!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

man I just re-read this and it's really good. Folks could make some small adjustments and use this without the X1. A few thoughts.

- When in Sample Deck mode does Shift + the button for the sample deck load a sample?
    - When in Sound Color mode, you can make the buttons under the knobs the presets, and the small buttons on the side you can make them each deck. This is how my VCI is mapped right now.
    - The presets, check out the Super Knob thread on the S4 forum or I can post a TSI here.

I think this is one bad ass idea and mapping. Props to you man, I know how hard this stuff is. If I can help out in any way please let me know.

Tech Convert

When I wrote this tread I omitted one thing, because it was only an idea, but now it's realty: "Slip Mode".
    In these days I implemented this feature whit the "Fader Start" button togher.
    This is the new overlay:

Attachment 5227

It works with VCI Hotcues, Scratch and Loops. It's so funny!! But.... there always is a "but".... when in "Slip Mode" you can't use the sample deck. When in Slip Mode for deck A, you can't use deck C and so for deck B.

OK.

For Haze324:
    When in sample deck mode and does shif+the button it does do nothing. You can load a sample by the X1.
    When in Sound Color: the buttons under the knobs are all together on. When you press one of them, it starts to blink and a preset effect is on FX3. You can assign it to A or B by the "Slice" button. So you hace 5 possibilities for Slice button. The FX preset is for FX1 and FX2.
    I'll have a look to this tread for some ideas.

I think to post the .tsi file in max 2 days so you can try it. I have to fish only the Fx preset and than it's ready.

loving your work!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

yeah this great and very well thought out man. props on your mapping skills and creativity.

Tech Convert

Here is .tsi file:

Attachment 5244

and my last VCI 100 SE layout:

Attachment 5245

Some warnings:

-Backup your .tsi, before import, trought Export button and save all your preferences
    -Import .tsi trought Import button and load it. Don't uncheck anything.
    -When in Slip Mode you can't use X1 hotcues. If you do it Slip Mode doesn't work. Use VCI 100 Juggle Mode only.

Ok... let me know if something goes wrong!!

Tech Mentor

Maybe it's me, but when I import this .tsi my VCI-100 and Kontrol x1 do not work. I have pressed everything and nothing functions. Please help.

Tech Convert

Did you import it trought the import button below?
    I forgot: this is osx version
    Last edited by astyno; 04-30-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast