Stage monitor needed - any advice?

Default Stage monitor needed - any advice?

I've recently began gigging weekly at a local club and plug directly into their sound system. After my first four gigs, I've decided its essential I invest in a personal monitor to ensure improved transitions and mixes due to the reverb and delay while cue monitoring.

I'm running straight out of the Traktor S4 currently using the RCA which goes directly into the club mixer. It's not a large place so I do not anything crazy, but I do enjoy investing in quality products rather then cutting back to save a $100.00. I do not have good experience or knowledge of monitors and speakers so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    David

Tech Convert

Pick up an active Mackie or JBL stage support monitor. The last club at my residency had a non powered JBL 12" Monitor stereo pair.
    Here's guitar center's section on powered speakers. You need to make sure the mixer has a monitor out though. Not sure how you'd hook that up w/ Traktor.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Powered-...ts,New-Gear.gc

EDIT: you can probably use the AUX from the mixer in the club to run to the monitor. Probably XLR or Speakon connectors. If it's a shit mixer you might be stuck with RCA's which sucks.
    Last edited by tim_vicious; 04-27-2011 at 01:32 PM.