Help with audio cables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help with audio cables

okay, so i use a dj io from numark, and if some of you have it you know there is only 1 output to the speakers, i wanna know where can i get a splitter that will take that output as an input into the splitter, and split it to two more outputs,so i can hook it into 2 seperate sets of speakers and still be able to use my headphones as the monitor, in traktor

if the way ive asked this question is confusing let me know ill try to clear it up

Tech Mentor

Hey Hocus and welcome to the forums,

From what I see in pictures there looks to be two RCA outputs on the back of the soundcard. All you should simply need to do is hook up the RCA's in the back straight to the monitor or speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Tech Convert

thats for a microphone i tried seems to not work, thing is the speaker im plugging into is a quaterinch jack hook up so i gotta split the audio cable into a quater inch plug and plug that cable in, and the other set of speakers runs on the red and white or red/black cable... thats why im looking for a splitter =/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
    Hey Hocus and welcome to the forums,

From what I see in pictures there looks to be two RCA outputs on the back of the soundcard. All you should simply need to do is hook up the RCA's in the back straight to the monitor or speaker.
    one of those sets of RCAs are the same channel as the one for the headphones.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

There should be some kind of RCA inputs on the sound card. Look on the back of unit, that is if I suspect I'm right about the soundcard your using. Otherwise you'll need something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Tech Convert

yes theres 2, 2 rca outputs

the card im talking about looks like this exactly

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

How many speakers are you plugging it into?

The front of the card should have a headphone out. And if you are plugging it into two different speakers then one speaker gets plugged into the one red connector and the other gets plugged into the white connector. I believe that Output Two and the Headphone Out are the same signal.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

yea out2 and heapdhone are same, but when i dont have somthing plugged into out 2 it lets me cue a song over out 1, i wanna run out 1 to 2 sep speakers, and use out 2 empty so i can cue with my headphones, i just tried plugging a set of speakers to out 2 lol...

Are these powered speakers you're plugging into? Your best might be a small pa mixer like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...00-i1153498.gc

to give you better output options. If your speakers aren't powered you'd need a powered mixer or an amp.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Convert

well, one is a powered amp speaker, i used to use for a guitar thats why i just wanted to get some use out of it using a splitter with my existing soundcard lol... so how would i hook that thing up into what i got now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast