Simple Maschine Midifighter Mapping (for Instant Gratification 4 Banks Mode) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

pm'd you

Tech Mentor

anyone?

Tech Student

Noob question I haven't gotten this to work right with any of the TSI files for the MF (which file can I use). Fairly new with TSP2 what other than changing maschine to midi (is this the in-port in the controller manager tab in preferences?) do I have to change? It seems every time I add the tsi file to TSP2 that it runs a delay effect where the bmasher should be?

All you need to do is open the controller manager, navigate to the Maschine controller, use the "append" command to add the NCM file to the list of templates stored on your Maschine controller. Then after loading the TSI file from djtechtools (follow the instructions so that you are set up correctly for the template to load up the right way, which means that you need to also set the MIDI port for the TSI file to the Maschine controller's midi port). After that is done, you have Traktor running, and just press SHIFT + Control on the Maschine hardware, which will put the controller into MIDI mode, and use SHIFT and the arrow keys to get to the MIDI fighter template setting, and viola.
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

Tech Student

thanks for this, great settings.

Just a note because this came up in a post elsewhere about having problems getting Traktor to see the Maschine's output once the Instant Gratification mapping had been loaded up correctly in Traktor. You do have to make sure to set each of the 4 banks of the Instant Gratification TSI file to correspond to IN/OUT MIDI via Maschine. Here are screenshots of what you should be setting.

And also to note once again, some people have had to import (using the import button, not the add function) the Instant Gratification .TSI file TWICE in order to get it to set the effects correctly instead of using the sorting that you have personally set in your preferences for Traktor, and make sure you have the software set to 4 Deck mode before doing any importing, as this seems to also make a difference. Not 2 decks and 2 sample decks, but just 4 decks. Afterwards you can switch it to whatever you want.

Attachment 6365

Attachment 6366
    Ben Grimm | DJing Gear: Macbook Pro | Traktor S4/TPro 2 | Maschine | Technics SL-1200mk2's |
    http://soundcloud.com/ben-grimm is where you can hear me | muffintop.tumblr.com is where you can see stuff I think is cool

Tech Guru

Grimm, I tried following the explanation for enabling four banks mode for a midifighter but I couldn't get it to work. I feel that the instrucitons on the midifighter section are tied to the hardware. How did you get them enabled on the maschine controller.

Also, I can load multiple tsi files and just toggle through them using the shift+arrows?

If I can shift between them is the procedure the same for loading the tsi files?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Grimm, I tried following the explanation for enabling four banks mode for a midifighter but I couldn't get it to work. I feel that the instrucitons on the midifighter section are tied to the hardware. How did you get them enabled on the maschine controller.

Also, I can load multiple tsi files and just toggle through them using the shift+arrows?

If I can shift between them is the procedure the same for loading the tsi files?
    The four banks mode is for the midifighter hardware, not for the Maschine controller, as it already has the ability to cycle through 4 banks (8 if you wanted, since it has A-H, which would give it a potential 8 banks of pads/buttons). The Midi Fighter sends out messages as notes, so basically it runs through C-1 on up to C3 I think, but Traktor reads everything in an octave higher, not quite sure why. So. First thing first, you need to have the NCM file loaded into your Maschine Controller, using the Controller Editor software. Once you do that, you can hit SHIFT + CONTROL and that will put the Maschine controller into MIDI mode, and you will be able to use the SHIFT button and the Left/Right arrows to scroll thru all your presets on the controller - the one I created is called MIDIFighter 4 Bank, so it should be displaying that on the LCD left screen.

In Traktor, import the TSI file for the MIDI Fighter instant gratification map, using the big import button at the bottom of the preferences screen in Traktor. Then, as shown in the pics I posted, set each of the four banks A, B, C, and D (which should be set to control Deck A, B, C, and D but may import coming in saying Focus instead), to MIDI in: Maschine Controller, and MIDI out: Maschine Controller.

You have to do this for ALL four. You shouldn't need to make any changes to the TSI file itself, except for the MIDI in/out settings.

Places that will hang up this process: Traktor not set to 4 deck mode. Traktor FX settings not having all the effects needed already added (sometimes the install will leave some of the effects on the not used side in the preferences). Set the four decks to be track decks, and I have turned on 4 FX units each time before importing the MIDI Fighter settings, and it has worked for me every time.

Tech Guru

Thanks for the in detail reply ben...I suppose that from what I've seen in video's I thought that four banks mode allowed you to save all of the effects that you had activated.

I have it working on my maschine controller for the IG mapping, and can toggle through all decks using A-D on the left of the controller.

I guess what I'm saying is in the IG mapping the top four buttons don't do anything, and from what I've seen in videos they can 'save' the effects settings enabled on a deck while switching to another deck using the A-D buttons on the left.

If I'm thinking of the concept wrong then let me know. I have followed all the steps you listed above and got it working for effects but can't save effects after letting off the buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Thanks for the in detail reply ben...I suppose that from what I've seen in video's I thought that four banks mode allowed you to save all of the effects that you had activated.

I have it working on my maschine controller for the IG mapping, and can toggle through all decks using A-D on the left of the controller.

I guess what I'm saying is in the IG mapping the top four buttons don't do anything, and from what I've seen in videos they can 'save' the effects settings enabled on a deck while switching to another deck using the A-D buttons on the left.

If I'm thinking of the concept wrong then let me know. I have followed all the steps you listed above and got it working for effects but can't save effects after letting off the buttons.
    in a real MF if you press the same bank select button as the bank u are in while holding an effect then it "holds" that effect. all bets are off is u play another effect tho in the same or other bank. pretty sure that will end up disengaging the "held" effect as each decks bank uses the same effects units ofc.

i presume each bank of your maschine (A-D) is setup to send out the same messages for the top row - so to hold an effect you'd press the top left button if wanting to hold an effect while in bank A etc as opposed to pressing the actual bank A maschine change button.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast