VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)

View Poll Results: Is this mapping working well for you?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

17 19.77%
  • NEARLY PERFECT

27 31.40%
  • NEEDS SOME WORK

42 48.84%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Smile VCI-100 Mapping Version 3_4 (Stable)

Thanks for all your feedback on the last mapping. This new version is very stable and has fixed all of the known bugs. Some major things we changed:

• Improved the Pitch bend Performance
    • Fixed the Jog Wheel scratch bug
    • Improved Fader FX presets 3,4
    • Includes a version of the TSI that fixes the FX routing Glitch

Download the File here

Requirements
    You must have Traktor 1.24 or later to use this file otherwise it will not import properly.

To Load this file
    ⁃ Select the BIG import button in the lower left hand corner of the preferences tab.

What Settings to Load

• MIDI: Everyone
    • EFFECTS: Everyone (please load this file twice if you are using it for the first time to load the FX properly)
    • LAYOUT: Only if you want the layout to change when switching decks from A/B to C/D. To customize your own, modify the layouts in position 1 and 3.
    • ALL OTHER SETTINGS: Import these if you want the Pitch fader to be set to 8%, and for deck copy to work perfectly.

VIDEO TUTORIALS

BASIC CONTROLS, LOOPING AND 4 DECKS
    FADER FX, SAMPLER AND MORE

Purchase the matching overlays

Known Issues for VCI-100 owners with firmware Version 1.2

• The “D” button in the FX section will not work as indicated.
    • In Fader FX mode, the level fader's will not “freeze” effects as in version 1.3.
    • The Sync button for Decks A and C will not properly light up when synced.

FX Routing Glitch
    We have included a TSI file for users that are experiencing the FX routing glitch. This solves the problem but removes the ability to see your FX routing on the LED. The controls are the same but the buttons only display the FX status all the time. Only use the glitch FX fix file if you are having glitches while pressing route fx- its disables the route fx LEDs.
    Last edited by EanGolden; 03-08-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Excellent to see this, although sad to see the Route FX glitch might still be an issue. I'll try this new one out and report back. Would be awesome to find a solution that doesn't involve shelling out the $$$ for Bome's (so far I've just been troubleshooting the issue with the trial).

FWIW: The Route FX glitch is certainly not limited to old computers and low RAM. I'm running a Core 2 Duo 7500, 4GB RAM (2.5 available with Traktor running) and an Audio 8 DJ and using DJTT usb cables on both the VCI and A8DJ. Other than the loopbe-bomes solution, the issue is also solved by turning off MIDI out in Traktor or bumping my ASIO latency to it's highest setting (comes up as 77ms in Traktor; anything even slightly lower and I get the noise.

Maybe it has to do with specific USB chipsets? My system is a Dell XPS 1510 (and, for complete discosure, I'm running Win7 64).

-kb

Quote Originally Posted by Kundabuffer View Post
    Would be awesome to find a solution that doesn't involve shelling out the $$$ for Bome's (so far I've just been troubleshooting the issue with the trial).
    please re-download the file. We just put a new one up that includes a workaround to solve the problem without BOMES. Its a 2nd TSI file in the ZIP folder.

Tech Guru

you da man....gonna go jam now with it.

Tech Student

thnx Ean, i think you have really solved some large problems which i was having but now everything sounds smooth.

I'm getting errors uncompressing the file on Win7 64. Download says the file is invalid and a manual uncompress reports no files in the zip.

-kb

Tech Convert

Great work so far the fx glitch is gone however I think there's another bug. I've tried both 3.4 and 3.4 fx route glitch fix tsi. The problem is if you engage the pitch bend (outer jog wheel) and press the slice button at the same time the tempo of the song starts to increase or decrease and will not return to normal until you tap the jog wheel.
    Again thanks in advance to Ean and everyone in the DJTT community for the great work that is being done here.

I'm using windows vista on a lenovo 2.4 intel core 2 duo with 3g. of ram.
    traktor pro 1.24 ,dj audio 8, vci-100 1.3 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kundabuffer View Post
    I'm getting errors uncompressing the file on Win7 64. Download says the file is invalid and a manual uncompress reports no files in the zip.

-kb
    I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and downloaded and unzipped fine. And opened up fine in Traktor. Not had time to test it yet though (but I'm using on a 1.2 at the moment).

I'm not very good with the vci mapping quite yet (only just got the overlay at last and waiting for the upgrade kit to come back into stock) but checking out the tutorial for the latest mapping i noticed the in fader FX both the jog and the fader control the same parameter, on my 1.2 version fader and jog both control dry/wet on FX 1&2, also Juggle and shift buttons seem to cause pops and clicks, is this due to my 1.2 firmware, or coulde it be to do with the mapping?
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

though all that said the map seems to work beautifully for the most part, loving the slice and echo buttons, though at one point my vci did freeze up taking traktor with it (switched of the controller and traktor came back )

Route FX sends traktor a bit bonkers even with the FX Route glitch fix...
    Last edited by CodeMorse; 03-05-2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: found more stuff to report
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast