Anyone mapped the Akai LPD8 with Traktor?
    Tech Convert

Default Anyone mapped the Akai LPD8 with Traktor?

I want to use these pads for cue spots on decks 3 + 4, like instead of having to hit the keyboard to play these cue points I want to hit the Akai.

Anyone done something like this before?

Quote Originally Posted by virtuexru View Post
    I want to use these pads for cue spots on decks 3 + 4, like instead of having to hit the keyboard to play these cue points I want to hit the Akai.

Welcome to the forum.

I imagine most people who own an LPD8 and Traktor have done that lol, do a bit of research on midi mapping by searching this forum and reading the Traktor manual and I'm sure you'll find it really easy.

The command you're looking for in controller manager is "select, set & store hotcue"
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by virtuexru View Post

i have something similar

PADS
    Pad-Mode
    DeckCCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
    DeckDCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

CC-Mode
    DeckCCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
    DeckDCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

KNOBS
    DECKC Volume - Filter - Play - FX3 D/W
    DECKD Volume - Filter - Play - FX4 D/W

(if Volume is turned off, Pads acts with velocity. So as harder you hit as louder it sounds)
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

Tech Convert

Hey Stuc,

Thank you for the reply and upload. However when I load this TSI into Traktor, even though I'm getting a MIDI response when I hit the pads (I can see the blue icon light up in Traktor) it's not actually responding. It doesn't look like its mapped when I load it in (there is only one line in the Controller manager). Am I supposed to load it up a special way?

Tech Convert

Hey nevermind I figured it out, heres my TSI file if anyone needs, it assigns hotcues to all eight pads for DECK C for sound FX and stuff. I'll make a more robust one later, this is all I needed for now :P

Quote Originally Posted by virtuexru
    Thank you for the reply and upload. However when I load this TSI into Traktor, even though I'm getting a MIDI response when I hit the pads (I can see the blue icon light up in Traktor) it's not actually responding.
    Have you configured it in the LPD8 Editor? there are 2 files in the zip
    one is a Tsi the other is the config file for the LPD8
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

Hi I was having loads of trouble trying to map my akai lpd8 to, this video may help.

http://www.djtechmag.com/traktor-mid...ping-akai-lpd8

if you have any questions please ask and i will do my best to help.