First club gig - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First club gig

Tech Convert

So the gig could not have gone any better! I DJ'ed for 5 hours and kept my room packed almost the entire time. The promoter and owner liked the set so much that they booked me for two more gigs before I had even finished playing! Thanks for the advice DvlsAdvct, turns out set up was completely painless and the sound guy was a lot of help.

Thanks again for the advice guys, I had the time of my life

Congrats on your success!! I am still clueless as to how to go about finding gigs... or maybe im just lazy and dont look in the right places..

Tech Convert

Congrats on your success!! I am still clueless as to how to go about finding gigs... or maybe im just lazy and dont look in the right places..
    thanks man! my advice to you is to focus more on networking and promoting than anything else. Its a sad reality but these days clubs care more about your pull and marketing then mixing skills. I'm fortunate enough to be good friends with some established promoters and DJs in my university and this combined with some loyal friends who come out to my shows did more for me than any of my mix CDs that I slaved over. Good luck it seems like it takes forever but it will come eventually if your persistent.

here are some pics from the show, venue was really cool:

/223495_1936940457643_1066290018_2289898_4557553_n. jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12