Akai lpk25&pld8 or Launchpad or mpd 24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Akai lpk25&pld8 or Launchpad or mpd 24

hi guys, i was thinking of buying a new controller for upgrading my setup, near my city i found a guy that sells an lpk25 and lpd8 for 60 euros, another that sells a launchpad for 119 euros, and another that sells an akai mpd 24 for 90 euros.

Now i generally play with 2 decks, but i was thinking of using this controllers for effects, like midifighter and for sample.

For this prices what do you think?
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

just to inform you that MPD24 DO NOT have TRUE 360 knobs. They only send ABSOLUTE value so AKAI advertise is misleading.
    TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by mekon_ca View Post
    just to inform you that MPD24 DO NOT have TRUE 360 knobs. They only send ABSOLUTE value so AKAI advertise is misleading.
    Thanks mate.
    Anyway i think i'm gonna buy the launchpad.
    So i can use it with abledon, and have 2 instant grat mappings and buttnos for samples
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Anyway, don't get a combination of two instead of one. More usb ports used, more cables to forget at home. Go for the launchpad, only thing I can think of better then the launchpad are apc20 and apc40.

Personally I think the launchpad is better than the apc 20, purely because it's frickin' bus powered unlike the cock tease apc 20.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Personally I think the launchpad is better than the apc 20, purely because it's frickin' bus powered unlike the cock tease apc 20.
    Yea,that's a good point,but I like the built quality and the faders on apc's

Oh totally! I really really love the apc 20. It's such a lovely controller. It's well thought out and nice and hefty. If it was bus powered and had an endless encoder above each fader instead of that stupid takeover on the faders it would easily be my favourite controller available at the moment.

OH well

TouchOSC for androd/iPhone WIN/MAC+TSI ableton live...
    androidosc.webs.com

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    APCs have faders and, in case of the 40, encoders. your argument is invalid. also, having a separate power supply for a controller which basically consists of a bunch of LEDs is a good thing.

No, it is perfectly valid since I was talking about the apc 20, not the 40. I happen dislike the dimensions and layout of the apc 40 which is why I wouldn't go for that one. I agree faders are awesome and something I would really love to have but and addition of it alone isn't quite enough to compensate for the reduced grid size, the fact it's bus powered and fact you only get 2 pages (as far as I can tell) rather than as many as you would like.

Not saying it's not an excellent piece of kit, I'm just saying I find bus powered controllers really damn annoying.

Here's hoping for the apc 20 mk 2, the extra portable rehash of the apc 20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast