MAC Midi Input Recognition Error
    Tech Wizard

Default MAC Midi Input Recognition Error

Perhaps the great people of DJTT can help with my issue.

I have two controllers which when plugged in do not work properly. One is my VCI-100, the other a Mixman DM2.
    The issue is that in any program I choose (Ableton Live 7, Traktor Scratch Pro, MidiPipe, Bome's Midi Translator, and Audio MIDI setup), the
    software recognizes the Output channel (lights), but not the input channel (controls)! [see pictures]
    I first thought it was the DM2 or the DM2toMidi driver's problem, then the same thing happened to a Vestax product..

To trouble shoot I have:
    +Plugged the devices into different computers (worked fine)
    +Plugged in different devices. (Oxygen 8, Keystation 88 Pro, Triggerfinger) (Worked Fine)
    +Reset the Computer (no resolution)
    +Ran Disk Repair (no resolution)
    +Called Apple (want $49 to fix their own bug [success not guaranteed]) This is the method I will be forced to take if no one is able to help.

Audio MIDI setup recognizes the DM2 has 1 input and 1 output but only allows data movement for the output [see picture] I presume the same situation occurs with the VCI, but it has never shown up in the Audio_MIDI_Setup.App

Last successful use of the VCI-100 was 10 hours ago.
    Last successful use of the DM2 was 6 months ago (not a vital instrument!)
    So far, based on the troubleshooting outcomes, I have isolated the issue to the operating system, but how to fix it is outside my scope.

Any Ideas?

I have a MacBook w/ 2gb, 2.16Ghz, and OSX 10.5.6

Thanks in Advance,
    Sheph

Tech Wizard

Problem Solved.

The IAC driver was the source of the problem for both devices. I deleted it and it rectified the situation.