come on guys lets get down with 10minmix - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Exactly. *shrug* But that's different, emp... cause they had to sit and count out the bpm. and write it down. Like, by hand 'n shit
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

When I used to beatmatch by ear, even if I didn't know the exact BPM by memory, I would usually know which songs were faster than others, and based on that I'd know before loading the track which direction to swing my pitch fader.

These arguments are so silly, and I really think that if you do enough cool stuff that isn't beatmatching, people will understand why you let the computer sync everything.

Getting a bit off topic guys, i wanna see some 10 min djtt user mixes !

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Exactly. *shrug* But that's different, emp... cause they had to sit and count out the bpm. and write it down. Like, by hand 'n shit
    That is true.

However if you have a math test, and then you get to choose if you want to use a calculator or not. The calculator will speed up your work flow and help you a lot, not using it will be considered more "old school / real" BUT in the end the result is the only thing that counts. The teacher is not going to give you extra points for using the calculator / not using it. He/she/whatever is only interested in the solving of the problem itself not how you did it.

Kinda bad analogy i know but you seem like a smart guy so i hope you get it

For me not using the calculator would be a big waste of time. If i can get the extra help ill take it and then i have more time to maybe solve another problem or take a nap.

Yeah, I consider myself a pretty smart guy too

To continue the analogy, I still think you need to learn how to solve the problems manually (beatmatching) before you employ the calculator (beatgrids/sync). If you just use the calculator to start then you don't understand the theory and you're not really learning.

Alright, I think I've talked this analogy to death But it's an apt one
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I consider myself a pretty smart guy too

To continue the analogy, I still think you need to learn how to solve the problems manually (beatmatching) before you employ the calculator (beatgrids/sync). If you just use the calculator to start then you don't understand the theory and you're not really learning.

Alright, I think I've talked this analogy to death But it's an apt one
    Well obviously it doesn't matter if you have the latest hot shit calculator if you don't know what to add with what or how to solve the problem

well, yeah, but you take away the calculator and that person is completely useless in math class. I always thought those tools should be used to save time for the more complicated problems, once there is an understanding of the simpler theories. But, well, everyone's got a different mindset.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

well here is a practice video of mine, i think i need a better angle i have giant hands lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwtOE91FfkQ
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Tech Mentor

well, yeah, but you take away the calculator and that person is completely useless in math class. I always thought those tools should be used to save time for the more complicated problems, once there is an understanding of the simpler theories. But, well, everyone's got a different mindset.
    We got the same opinion and now ill try to stay on topic

The 10min mixes who got the highest ratings seem to come from like 4 different people. Actually thought i would see some really different types of styles. I didnt check all the videos obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by djxsquizet View Post
    well here is a practice video of mine, i think i need a better angle i have giant hands lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwtOE91FfkQ
    Good job! For the tenminmix comp I would recommend the video capture also. And mix 4-5 songs which is kind of the standard in that comp. Your mix sounded good to me, I would only improove the transition at 4:35. Loved the delay effect you used, what vst is it?

Lets get the best video as possible for february so we can win!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast