Ddm4000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ddm4000

Tech Mentor

Default Ddm4000

I'm looking tO buy an Behringer DDM4000, i've heardbsome pretty bad things about Behringer mixers but people seem to think the DDM4000 is quite oke. What do you think of it?

Tech Guru

please use the search feature and you will find a lot of very good reviews about DDM4000.
    Very useful informations.

And yes, I think they are pretty impressive unit for the money you spend.
    Best bang for a buck...

Tech Wizard

i had one for like 5 days before i returned it. all the electronics in it stopped working and knobs and faders were falling off.

i'm pretty sure the problem was only with my unit and if i got a replacement it would've worked fine, but the whole thing just felt so low quality i decided to get a denon 2ch mixer instead.

if you can deal with the low quality feel of it then it could be ok. basically all the faders and knobs felt really cheap, and the entire unit weighs close to nothing which worried me a bit.

the only good reason i can see to get it is if you really want 4 channels. if 4ch is a necessity then this is probably the best deal but if you think a 2 or even 3 channel mixer would be fine i would spring for something like that with higher quality instead

Tech Mentor

i own it and its great best bang for the buck definitely without a doubt!!!!

I have been using the same DDM4000 for two years, has never let me down.

As a matter of fact, I have been strongly considering buying another one.

Its an absolute steal for the price point, and with ALL the features it has (and TRUST ME, I use almost all of them, they work brilliantly).

Some of my favorite features:

Adjustable output level for the "record" output.

Dual band compressor, with Db boost, and time adjustment.

FULLY adjustable EQ Curves, as well as adjustment of the Q-factor.

Dual effects processors, with a good selection of effects, as well as EXTENSIVE parameter adjustments.

A dedicated mono "sub-out" with full control over crossover frequency, the ability to apply the crossover to the main output(if need be), control over the output level of the "sub-out" relative to the main level.

7 band graphic equalizer, as well as a 3rd effects processor for the microphone input (no need for outboard gear to make you MC sound great)

And lets not forget ALL the MIDI capabilities, as well as a MIDI BPM clock.

Other than those rather unique features, it also has nearly EVERY single feature you would come to expect from a top of the line 4 cahnnel DJ mixer.

Full isolation EQ's with kill switches.

High quality optical faders (I do cut routines, and I like the stock faders enough to have never changed them, and this IS innofaderable)

Cross fader, and channel fader curve control.

Fully balanced Main output, as well as duplicate unbalanced main out.

Dual BPM counters.

Oh yeah, and it uses EXACTLY the same Cirrus Logic AD/DA converter as the Pioneer DJM800.

Bottom line, MY DDM4000 has seen an extremely busy 2 years of use and abuse, and beside the EQ knobs having become slightly "looser" (not as much resistance when you turn them) the faders feel like the day I bought it.

And more importantly to me, it sounds exactly the same as the day I bought it. If not better now, because I know how to use it better.
    I'm addicted to WoW.

Please do not bother me about being a productive member of society.

Tech Wizard

I demo'd it at guitar center the other day and I thought it felt cheap as hell.

Tech Guru

It is by the most full featured 4 CH. Mixer for it's price point. The ability for customization is endless between MIDI mode and the mixer settings. With pioneer mixers you are stuck with whatever cutoff freq. they input into the firmware, with the DDM4000 you can assign whatever freq. you want and then make different user settings to switch all these changes in seconds. It has really been my best purchase to date.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Just felt like giving a quick +1, exokinetic pretty much nails it on the head... it's an amazing mixer... I don't regret buying it at all, other than it's not getting used as much due to lack of time, but if I were to dump all my dj gear, it's the only thing (vinyl not included) that I'd keep...

I used to own one but sold it.

My opinion of it is that as a MIDI controller, it is absolutely amazing with tons of mappable buttons, knobs and faders.

However, as a standard mixer, when I used it live it gave an unwanted hum at loud volumes in venue-sized sound systems. If you won;t be using it live, then it'd be perfect.

That's my experience anyway.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

Thanks for all the comments! Especially Exokinetic for the nice overvieuw!

Right now i have a numark omnicontrol, so i dont worry about cheap feeling that much . I only have 2 problems:
    -External soundcard, like i said, i'm on OmniControl, with built-in soundcard. Will the Audio Kontrol do the 4 channel job? Because its way cheaper than an Audio 10!

-MIDI-Controllers, my OmniControl is very mixer centered, so OR i need to remap it and think of other features i can map to the mixer section OR get some nice deck based controllers. I don't like the X1, not my workflow i guess...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast