I doubt anyone will listen to this but ok.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Unhappy I doubt anyone will listen to this but ok.

Well the hard part is done!! Thank you for at least looking at this. It would be awesome of you if you pressed play, and perhaps even told me what you think of my newest dubstep tune!

All feedback is greatly appreciated, and the favor shall be returned.
    Many thanks in advance!

Click here to visit my official Soundcloud page!
    Atac Dubstep soundcloud. Thick, melodic dubstep!

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Listening to it. Writing this on the fly while it's playing so you get my first thoughts:

-Good intro (0:00-0:30)
    -Maybe you should use that build up from 0:20 to 0:30 over at 1:05-1:20. That would make your drop sound stronger.
    -Not really getting too much of a "kick" seems kind of shallow. I think the kick is lacking some "oomph" if you know what I mean.

Other than that I liked it. Good stuff. I'm just beginning in music production but I looked at it from a dubstep fan's perspective.

I like it. I agree with the above comment that a stronger build up should have been used from 1:05 to 1:21, and that the kick needs some more beefening, maybe some compression in the higher frequencies to bump up the lows. There's a nice little theme that you have going there, that I think is rather creative and shows something that Dubstep is currently lacking, which is a more melodic feel.

Other than the things mentioned above, I like it a lot. Maybe if I could get your permission and a 320 file I could drop it at my next gig. Hopefully we can work it out.
    MacBook Pro 13" 8GB RAM | Traktor Kontrol S4 | 2x Technics 1200Mk5 TTs | Yamaha Motif ES8 | M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 Controller | M-Audio Audiophile AV 30/40 Speakers | Pioneer HDJ-2000 | MIDI Fighter |

http://soundcloud.com/fullkontrol

Tech Guru

Good sound musically speaking, but EQ'ing is a tad harsh. I am not getting the punch from the drums. Maybe some mastering will do it more justice???

I do like this track though, and I think you're well on your way to producing some great dubstep.

Tech Mentor

hey atac like this a lot .. maybe just leaving more of pause/delay/echo and then the first drop would make it hit harder .. even with how it is i think you got something great here dude!

seems like theres alot of uneccesary reverb

Tech Wizard

Wow! I've never gotten this much feedback this fast!
    Thank you to everyone who listened and gave me some tips.

To the people who were suggesting switching up the climbing synth:
    I used the same patch both times, the second one is just one octave higher. Do you suggest I bring it back down an octave?

To the people who suggested mixing/mastering/EQing a bit better:
    Totally agree with you haha. Kinda rushed through exporting this one since it was late at night. I want to clean up everything (percussion especially) and make a nice finished product for this free demo thing I'd like to throw together.

To Yep.:
    Awesome I'm glad you like it! That's kinda my mantra, bring melodies to dubstep haha.
    But yeah if you want the track I can email it to you if you message me your email. Or if you want you can wait for the revised/finalized version. Just lemme know!

Thanks again to everyone for the support!
    Atac Dubstep soundcloud. Thick, melodic dubstep!

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Smile

Not an expert in dubstep, but like it a lot anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Atac View Post
    Wow! I've never gotten this much feedback this fast!
    Thank you to everyone who listened and gave me some tips.

To the people who were suggesting switching up the climbing synth:
    I used the same patch both times, the second one is just one octave higher. Do you suggest I bring it back down an octave?

To the people who suggested mixing/mastering/EQing a bit better:
    Totally agree with you haha. Kinda rushed through exporting this one since it was late at night. I want to clean up everything (percussion especially) and make a nice finished product for this free demo thing I'd like to throw together.

To Yep.:
    Awesome I'm glad you like it! That's kinda my mantra, bring melodies to dubstep haha.
    But yeah if you want the track I can email it to you if you message me your email. Or if you want you can wait for the revised/finalized version. Just lemme know!

Thanks again to everyone for the support!
    ill take a 320 of the final version if its done by may 12th for my radio show on di.fm

Tech Guru

Just curious, which program did you use to produce this? I could use any tips you could offer up as I'm about to embark on producing. I know my way around Fruity Loops, Reason, Ableton, Logic, and Maschine, but I always get mixed opinions form people who do extensive production. I am leaning towards Ableton...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast