Pioneer S-DJ05

Thread: Pioneer S-DJ05

Default Pioneer S-DJ05

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer-...71-i1689598.gc

I know there are alot of topics asking about studio monitors, i did a search but i didnt find any that talked about this Pioneer product. Right now, i am just using my crappy pioneer home theater setup for my sound when i am mixing in my living room. Its a really small apartment, so i guess it would be fine, if it wasnt for the very slight audio delay between whats in my headphones to what i hear coming from the speakers. Drives me insane :eek:

I am a complete newbie when it comes to studio monitors and speakers, but i know that this is priority for me to take care of my sound before i buy any more gear. After i browsed around for studio monitor suggestions around here, i ended up finding the S-DJ05 listed at GuitarCenters site, then i found a review from agiprodj.com on youtube....well, a half assed review. I wanted to know if anyone here has actually tried these out and are they any good, the price is a bit high for me $699 is a bit steep, so the price really has to be justified somehow.

Also, if im already going to be shelling out this amount of money on this, why not get myself a very nice shelf system like the Sony LBT ZX99i, i mean that thing is overkill for a shelf system? =\ What makes the studio monitors better than just getting a stereo?

that seems very steep, i love pioneer gear but thats too high.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Unless you plan on trying to do studio work and produce tracks for commercial output, don't believe the hype. For the past 15 years, I've been rocking regular old floor standing speakers. Those coupled with a half decent amp have given me colorful sound at levels that will blow away any studio monitors, but are still respectable for an apartment/small home.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Unless you plan on trying to do studio work and produce tracks for commercial output, don't believe the hype. For the past 15 years, I've been rocking regular old floor standing speakers. Those coupled with a half decent amp have given me colorful sound at levels that will blow away any studio monitors, but are still respectable for an apartment/small home.
    thanks for this! i think you are correct, if im not going to be producing, and im not going to be doing anything proffesional then why bother. gonna find me a nice 200$ stereo system, and use the rest of my money to get other gear i could need.

Umm…on top of that, they're crap for studio monitors. Look at the technical specs and compare them to other speakers with similar specs.

They're ovepriced. Like…by a factor of 2.

That extra $300 is going towards a name that doesn't actually mean anything in the realm of studio monitors.