VCI-100SE TSI Beta 1_6 Feedback - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Would love some beat jump control.

Also, A "Page Up / Down" browser scroll would be a great addition for navigating your music collection quicker. Currently, if examining a large playlist or entire collection, browsing with just the buttons is a bit slow
    Oh shit - There goes another set of speakers!:eek:

Tech Convert

Hi Ean, I love pretty much everything that you did in this tsi, and the jump from 1.4 and 1.6 is huge. You did it again! Thanks for the hard work. The switch between the group fx and the advance efx is absolutely great, with the freeze button works as use to in T3. The efx bank 1+2 felt off for me initially but if the right efx used in the correct order then it can work well. It seems as some of the bugs like efx is on when returning from advance efx and deck copy/play, as well as Led bugs are Traktor bugs. I experimented with adding a key knob (to adjust the key) and I used the Monitor Cue level (that used for the headphones) while holding deck A Deck B and Deck C (Loop shorten buttons-top left) as modifiers to control the key adjustment for deck A B and C. For deck D I used the headphone mix level with deck C (Loop/shorten button) as modifier. This is not an Ideal solution but seems to work for me. As far as overlays, is any chance for overlays that will work better for the arcade vci's?
    Last edited by looper; 01-26-2009 at 03:31 AM.

Tech Wizard

Found one small bug. I was able to fix locally on my own luckily enough.

Problem.
    When Deck C knob is activated for control of decks C and D. when you click on the 'Key Lock' button for Deck B... the event turns on Deck B's key on/off, not Deck's D's as expect in this mode.

Solution. (in preferences > midi settings)
    Duplicated 'Key Lock' for Deck B.. assign to Deck D for both Trigger/Output and M=3 in the second modifier column. In Deck B for both Trigger/Output events assign Second Modifier M=0 so it replicates style found for Decks A and C.

Would be nice to be able to page up / down somehow in Track Browse Mode.
    Also be cool to Preview tracks in the Preview player. on / off too.

Soft take over on channel volumes when going between decks A+B and C+D would be awesome if you can make it happen.

Build in the ability to actually have a newly loaded Track, Cue load to your Load Marker without having to hit Cue/Pause button.
    Last edited by blancodisco; 01-25-2009 at 11:47 PM.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

Tech Wizard

Is there a way to escape of track browse mode (up / down buttons) if I didn't actually load a track?

Sometimes, I'll be searching for a few tunes down in the mix, but don't want to commit to anything yet..... would love to be able to to this on the VCI-100, because currently, I'll have to use a keyboard command to change my view.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Setup: VCI-100 SE 1.4, MidiFighter, Audio 8, Audio 2, Griffin PowerMate, WD Passport 500GB, MacBookPro 8GB RAM, Uberstand, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Trainspotter, iPhone 4, TouchOSC & Noel's 4D Templates

What works for me is to set the "load track only into stopped deck" option somewhere in traktors preferences (don't know if it's actually called that way, @work atm). Therefore I can hit the load button to toggle the browser view w/o actually loading the song. And I like how this added security layer prevents screwing stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    What works for me is to set the "load track only into stopped deck" option somewhere in traktors preferences (don't know if it's actually called that way, @work atm). Therefore I can hit the load button to toggle the browser view w/o actually loading the song. And I like how this added security layer prevents screwing stuff up.
    Agreed. In a live scenario, it's the only way to play.

This is from (bad) experience. I've hit the load into the wrong deck just as a big tune was due to drop. I got boooed hard.

Don't let it happen to you!
    Oh shit - There goes another set of speakers!:eek:

Tech Wizard

Good Point.. I actually already have the Preferences set that.. way.. just didn't bother to hit 'Load Track' button. Thanks. I can be a dumbass sometimes.
    benny blanco®
    blancodisco.com

Tried the new 1.6.
    Nice handling on the effects now.
    The other assignments I did not check properly,because they are different in my vci-mod
    If a new firmware version completes the final issues;
    Led,14bitmidi?,etc
    Then it's steady as a rock!!
    looking forward to it
    Last edited by Anthony More; 01-26-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Macbookpro 2.4 i5 4gb
    Traktor Pro 1.2.6.
    Black VCI-100 Mod firmware 1.3
    Presonus Firebox

Tech Guru

Default burndownthediscos and flaekiface

I've been trying to gfet the deck copy autoplay function to work for a month or so now with no joy. I've abandoned all hope as i think its a bug within traktor.
    Check out this thread:http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2977
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 01-27-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Quote Originally Posted by Davemex View Post
    Ean,

One thing I noticed (and I don't know if this is just a 1.2 firmware issue) is that the ability to use channel D loop select to toggle the browser fullscreen mode so that we can use the left jog wheel to scroll through tracks has been removed in the 1-6 TSI file.
    I might find a way to get this done but right now the jog wheels have 3 states and there is a maximum of 2 modifiers per control. So, I would need to find a way to get it done plus there must be a different button that engages that control as the 4th deck control button will be used by something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    And what happened to the deck copy function?
    yeah- I will integrate that into the final one.

Quote Originally Posted by tonitoni View Post
    when activate the fader fx knob, the led of fader button don't light up, the function works but don't see if is activated or not, by the rest is all fantastic, thankyou again.
    that led was disabled and now switches between advanced and chained fx modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebump View Post
    I'm looking forward to the final TSI and the new overlay to go with it... is there any chance that the Sync button can be made to do what it used to... as in Sync completely.
    I thought I changed SYNC to toggle on this one- so now its on unless you turn it off again.

Quote Originally Posted by psycatron View Post
    One thing i woudl ask though, if possible can we get a temporary overlay to reflect the new changes in the effects section? Just something to scale that i can print out and stick on until you complete the final vrsion.
    I reccomend buying the silver Overlay in the webstore and just cutting out parts of it to overlay and re-label the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post
    Found one small bug. I was able to fix locally on my own luckily enough.

Problem.
    When Deck C knob is activated for control of decks C and D. when you click on the 'Key Lock' button for Deck B... the event turns on Deck B's key on/off, not Deck's D's as expect in this mode.

Soft take over on channel volumes when going between decks A+B and C+D would be awesome if you can make it happen.

Build in the ability to actually have a newly loaded Track, Cue load to your Load Marker without having to hit Cue/Pause button.
    thanks for that bug find- soft take over was tried on the last one and it was a real pain in the ass so it got removed

in terms of loading there is a preference in traktor you want to set.

Quote Originally Posted by blancodisco View Post
    Is there a way to escape of track browse mode (up / down buttons) if I didn't actually load a track?
    there is no free button to enable that- unless someone else can think of an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Kyoti View Post
    It's not a bug, but part of the current TPro architecture. Don't ask me why they took out the deck copy autoplay, I'm just under the impression that it wasn't compatible with the first build of TPro.
    i really need to deck with the traktor developers because i swear to god deck copy auto play works perfectly for me - no idea why some people are having a different experience. There must be a setting somewhere.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast