VCI-100SE TSI Beta 1_6 Feedback
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default VCI-100SE TSI Beta 1_6 Feedback

We are getting very close to a final TSI for Traktor Pro and the VCI-100. After the next version we will create some new overlays- so get your feedback, requests and ideas in now.

To get this TSI sign up for the BETA list:
    http://djtechtools.list-manage.com/s...&id=2ab1e09f34

Here is a list of the new features:

Deck C is now a performance FX section for slots one and two so no scrolling is needed.

• * The knobs work the same way as in previous versions of the TSi and as labeled on the overlay
    • * fx slot one on the left and fx slot 2 on the right
    • * wet dry control on the left knob and one super knob that controls 2 FX parameters on the right knob
    • * underneath the FX parameter you can quickly punch both FX in or out with the button
    • * The button under mix/frz will work as a fx preset loading in the future but will require some custom firmware upgrades for it to work as desired. right now it has no function

Filter A and B buttons are now sampler enable buttons.

• * These enable a beatmasher in chained or advanced fx mode and grab a 4 count loop of the currently effected deck.
    • * This is a new concept I will be introducing in the coming weeks through some demonstration videos. its for kid byond style layering.
    • deck C and fader FX buttons are now for switching between advanced and grouped fx for each of the 2 slots.
    • * the LEDS do not display that status though because this will again require a firmware update.

Deck C/D juggle mode

* turn on deck C and juggle and now you can cue point juggle on C and D!

Soft Take Over on the deck volumes is removed
    SYNC has been changed to toggle on all decks
    Last edited by EanGolden; 02-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Tech Wizard

Ean,

One thing I noticed (and I don't know if this is just a 1.2 firmware issue) is that the ability to use channel D loop select to toggle the browser fullscreen mode so that we can use the left jog wheel to scroll through tracks has been removed in the 1-6 TSI file. Was this done on purpose and are there any plans to re-introduce that feature in a later build of the TSI file? This was def. one of my favorite features for trying to browse an extensive play list!

Thanks!

Dave

Tech Wizard

i'm pretty sure that feature has been removed since the last 2 versions.
    I did enjoy it to but i remember him posting it's not possible to have since the jogwheels are assigned differently now

Really? No browser mode on "loop deck B" button? That would be very very sad!

And what happened to the deck copy function? I remeber a thread where a working solution was posted (didnt Ean make a contest about who could come op with a solution?)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Flaekiface View Post
    Really? No browser mode on "loop deck B" button? That would be very very sad!

And what happened to the deck copy function? I remeber a thread where a working solution was posted (didnt Ean make a contest about who could come op with a solution?)
    I've been trying to gfet the deck copy autoplay function to work for a month or so now with no joy. I've abandoned all hope as i think its a bug within traktor.

Ean,

I like the concept behind the new mapping so far, it just sucked having to reset my learning curve to relearn the FX all over again.

Problems I've noticed so far:

Why do the volume sliders control the same functions as the jog wheels in FX mode, unlike previous versions where the Volume, Jog wheel, and Pitch control all controlled different knobs in the combo FX functions?

When switching between FX modes with the Deck C and Fader buttons in the Performance mode section, you should make it that the knobs reset positions to "off" when switching. Whenever i switch, unless i previously turned off the FX manually, the effect will activate immediatly instead of when I need it to.
    Is there a way to have the FX turn off when switching?

Tech Convert

when activate the fader fx knob, the led of fader button don't light up, the function works but don't see if is activated or not, by the rest is all fantastic, thankyou again.

I'm looking forward to the final TSI and the new overlay to go with it... is there any chance that the Sync button can be made to do what it used to... as in Sync completely.

I know some people may say this is cheating, but about 3 hours into a set it's very nice to be able to just hit Sync once in a while. Any chance Ean?

Thanks.
    Seasoned UK House Music DJ now living in Orange County, California.

Bookings & Info @ Lovebump.com

Lovebump Radio Streaming Funky House, Electro & Dance Anthems 24/7 in High Quality Stereo @ Lovebump.com

Tech Convert

Im really looking forward to your video concerning the new sample button/ beatmasher.
    I've been fooling around with the beatmasher, using it as a sampler, taking bits of songs playing them in sync with the next track. It's absolutely awesome. Tweaking the rotation, gate and length is realy quite melodic. It just sounds great
    The only probs i've had so far is:
    When switching effectes in advanced mode, the effects turn on and of as i flip though them
    In fx bank 1 turning the dry wet knob to 100% turns on effect 1, in bank 2 it does not.
    Last edited by Drumfired; 01-24-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    VCI 100, NI Maschine, NanoPad, Audio 8 DJ, HDJ-2000 and 2x KRK R5 PG2's

haven't had a chance to properly go into depth on this, but i'm loving the four deck control now plus the library browse makes great sense. One thing i woudl ask though, if possible can we get a temporary overlay to reflect the new changes in the effects section? Just something to scale that i can print out and stick on until you complete the final vrsion.
    www.myspace.com/psycatron
    -Psycatron "Location Unknown Ep" out now on Beatport

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast