oh come on already! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Disagree. Drop box is awesome.
    I halfly agree on this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I may honestly look into Dolly Drive. Pricing seems a lot better than Dropbox, and by using Apple's Time-Machine... it seems pretty simple. (Now that I have a Mac at least.)

Having just lost my PC's hard-drive (even though I had all my music backed up) I really am feeling the hurt with some documents and other files.

The online "cloud" is something that's just coming to the surface, and is really the future of data. Most businesses use some form of backup automatically, and it's really beginning to move into the private sector as it becomes more cost effective.

But I don't keep my external backup hard-drive with me at all. I generally update it once a month or so, and keep it at a buddies place so even if I get robbed, he'll have it. I've never had my computer stolen, but I've had my car broken into... and it's just one of those things that sucks and you can't really be ready for, but you can prepare against.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

I use Time Machine and MobleMe (just to back up important documents and save files to get to other computers). I don't like any of the online services that auto backup all your files...
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Webhosting is still cheap... set an FTP then dump it to your site. Encrypted data will be safe as long as your encription algorythm is good...
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234