BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B215XL_ Opinions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default BEHRINGER EUROLIVE B215XL_ Opinions

I would like yor opinion on these speakers as well as the experience-if any- you had with them. I've already googled but I couldn't find any reliable review.
    Thanks in advance.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Tech Wizard

I played around with them for atleast 2 hours at my cousins house and they are loud!!!!!. 450W I think. Like it so much I got me a B208. Half the power but since I mostly do house parties at college I didnt need that much power. But with my B208 I had the master volume all the way up for 5 hours non stop at the last party I did, also the first day I got the speakers. I was surprised that it went on for that long without something going wrong. After that long though it sounds as if the words skip, not the beat just the spoken words. kinda weird but overall it was a great purchase. the B215 is my next purchase when it comes to live sound
    Just a broke college student trying to pay my way through college by Djing

Setup: HP G62 3GB Dual-Core 2.3GHz; Traktor Pro 2; Numark Mixtrack; Creative Soundcard.

Tech Wizard

they are actually only 250w RMS, they are 500w program... they alrite, but ive heard much better bang for buck, id go with wharfedale titans, even the titan12s own these 215xl's, just my opinion.
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

i have 2x 15" behringers, they sound sweet and ive been using them for years
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

after ten years, JesC is the first person I've ever heard that had something positive to say about them. In my own experience, 2 products have failed after studio use (mixers), and I haven't heard anything except complaints about their quality.

Tech Mentor

I know tat behringer had released very poor quality products but I'm only interested in these speakers'. All input is appreciated.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

My friend have been using the active version, B215A, and I think the are good value for the money. I think they sound better than the old JBL EON 15" box (Have not tried the new one). Behringer gives a softer more controled sound but are as loud. The build quality of the JBL is better.

The technology of building this type of plastic box speakers is nowadays quite easy and wide spread so I think even Behringer can do this with quite good quality.

Therfore I got myself the B1220DSP and I think they sound very good but they are a bit heavy... Actually a DJ friend using QSC K10 was actually impressed by my Behringer. Of course the K10 sounds better but you can get three B1220DSP for the prize of one...
    www.discjockey.nu

Traktor Scratch Pro - MacBook Pro 13" - Midi Fighter 3D - Kontrol X1 - tma-1 - Pioneer CDJ-400
    Technics SL1210 MK2 - Allen & Heath Xone PX5

Tech Wizard

better than jbl eon's? we are talking about the same jbl eons that have been the industry standards in any field. Did u actually stand them next to each other and LISTEN. I work in a music shop, i have tested the jbl eon (from g1 to 515) against all of the other brands, and im sorry to say, that they pwn absolutely every speaker we put them up against.. I mean look at the price difference??? I sell those b215a for about R3000 each, the jbl's sell for over R10 000. My 2 cents...
    - Focusrite Saffire Pro24 - Novation Remote 25sl mk2 -
    - Korg MS-10 - Korg KAOSS Pad KP3 - Vestax VCI-300 -
    - Alesis m1active mk2 - Shure SRH-750-DJ - Akai LPD8 -

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    after ten years, JesC is the first person I've ever heard that had something positive to say about them. In my own experience, 2 products have failed after studio use (mixers), and I haven't heard anything except complaints about their quality.
    ill be honest, im not a fan of the dj mixers, but the PA stuff is really good. Also have used the mixing boards and they are sweet.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I've been using two of the 212XLs for the past two years and I really like how they sound. I've never had an issue with them and they are perfect for the 100 person events I usually do. I like to use them with a 15" subwoofer, just to round out the bass a bit.
    www.djstormeagle.com

DJ Gear: Traktor Pro 2|Traktor Kontrol S4|Macbook Pro
    Audio Gear: Crown XLS 1500|Behringer 212XL|Gemini GVX-SUB 15P
    Lighting: American DJ Galaxian 3D|American DJ LED Megabar 50|American DJ Mini Fog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast