Traktor Scratch with CDJ's and turntable
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Scratch with CDJ's and turntable

First of all I resident in a club that is kitted with 2xCDJ2000, DJM 800. The owner has some turntables collecting dust that I would like to start incorporating into my sets. I bring in my own computer and X1 and use Traktor Pro. I use the sound cards from the CDJ's.

Now what I would like to do is run a 4 decks using 2 timecode vinyls and the CDJ's. Also am looking at another X1. I would like to use the CDJ's for deck A&B and vinyl for C&D. Is this possible? Is there a better way and what sound card am I looking at?

Have done lots of research but I can not quite come up with an answer or decide if this is really the way I would like to go. Any advise, comments or input would be great.
    Thanks

Tech Guru

yeah, the Audio8 dj can support 2 vinyl and 2 cdjs.

The newer Audio10 can do all 4 vinyl or whatever combo you'd like
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Wizard

Are you using Traktor Pro, or Traktor Scratch Pro? You may need the latter to achieve what you want.

Tech Wizard

I think Audio 8 is the way I will have to go, for what I want I don't think I will need Audio 10.

I am using Traktor Pro at the moment. I realize I will have to switch to Traktor Scratch. I just do not want to loose any functionality that I currently have with Pro. Hoping all I have to do is switch to scratch, invest in a sound card and timecodes, plug it all together and then have 4 decks. 2 controlled by CDJ's, and 2 controlled by vinyl. Guess I am going for a best of both worlds approach

yup. The scratch upgrade is pretty steep though, you might do best to buy the TSP2 hardware package and then sell your current copy of TP rather than buying an audio 8 and then following the upgrade path.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

It's a bit of cash whatever route I take but that does sound like the best option. I just have to decide whether I will get the functionality out of TSP to warrant spending all that money. Will sit of it for a while and see what I come up with. Thanks for the responses