Material for labeling controllers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Material for labeling controllers?

Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for what to use to label custom controls. Something semi-permanent that doesn't leave residue, and can be written on?

I use a "brother" labeler. You can pick what color tape you want and print in various different font sizes. Sometimes just have to cut the tape down to fit specific places.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

+1 for above. Except mines a Casio labeler. My oxygen 49 is covered in the stuff, but still looks nice and neat. Way better than hand written!

Tech Mentor

Thinking about getting the brother labeller myself after using 1 at work.

My mate has a dymo but that leaves nasty residue when you peel the labels off.

I was going to ask what model I should get when I literally bumped into one I had at home. :P

Tech Guru

I also have a DYMO labeller, it's hot shit, but the best method? Tape and and a sharpie, unbeatable value and even though it's scruffy as hell, it looks pro.

Tech Guru

Anyone know of a good option on placing semi-permanant icons on buttons like say on the buttons of a APC40/20?

I have heard of people going to print shops to have some made up and I don't mind doing this as long as it's not that expensive but what would I need to provide them with? If anyone has any ideas that would be great thanks.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I also have a DYMO labeller, it's hot shit, but the best method? Tape and and a sharpie, unbeatable value and even though it's scruffy as hell, it looks pro.

This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Anyone know of a good option on placing semi-permanant icons on buttons like say on the buttons of a APC40/20?

I have heard of people going to print shops to have some made up and I don't mind doing this as long as it's not that expensive but what would I need to provide them with? If anyone has any ideas that would be great thanks.
    Someone on DJTT printed out a sheet of overhead projector paper and velcro-d it a launchpad. I'm sure the same is possible with an APC.

edit - here ya go
    Last edited by muffintop; 04-30-2011 at 02:03 PM.

You can buy self adhesive transparency sheets. Print to the sheets, cut 'em to size, and stick 'em on your controller.

Once you've done that, cut some of the self adhesive transparency a little larger than your original label, and sick it over the top of that original label so that the text won't wear away.

Lasts forever, and looks excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast