Pioneer 900 Nexus USB Connection....

Default Pioneer 900 Nexus USB Connection....

I was checking out the Pioneer DJM900 Nexus today, it has a USB slot and on board Traktor certified soundcard, which means you don't need to piss about connecting loads of leads when you play, you simply hook up your usb cable from your macbook pro to the 900 then switch the switches at the top of the 4 channels to 'USB1/2 / USB 3/4 etc.

It's an absolute win win as far as im concerned!

I was wondering what others thought of it?

I said to the dude in the shop i would do that and then just use 2 X1's to control traktor.

I think the same is also possible for the Allen & Heath Xone 4D, that has an onboard soundcard and usb that is traktor certified.

This is the stuff of dreams for me, all i need now is for the pioneer to become standard in the clubs worldwide, as the 800 pretty much was. I imagine that to take 6 months to a year. No doubt the big clubs have got it rocking already, even though its only been out a short while.

What's everyones thoughts on this?

Much love!!

Tom

what i was thinking was, why the hell did they put it on the top of the mixer, looks tacky if you ask me
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I guess for easy access. The number one problem i hear from other dj's is having to messing about with the back of the mixer.
    I know what you mean though.

My question is - if the dj before you is using it, how are you supposed to mix into his last track? You can't just pull his USB lead out as that would kill the sound, i can only think you would mix in a cd on a different channel, then plug your USB in.

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    I guess for easy access. The number one problem i hear from other dj's is having to messing about with the back of the mixer.
    I know what you mean though.

My question is - if the dj before you is using it, how are you supposed to mix into his last track? You can't just pull his USB lead out as that would kill the sound, i can only think you would mix in a cd on a different channel, then plug your USB in.
    to switch over you need to put on a regular cd or vinyl. heck just bring a ipod with a intro while you switch over.

Yes that's what i thought, pretty simple really, i guess to USB ports would throw some confusion with the onboard soundcard.

i hate to give all my switching over secerts but this is what I personally do.

1 start up serato SSL (in offline mode)
    2 start up iTunes - Have a long song...I use Blue Monday by New Order or Personal Jesus
    3. use the 1/8'' to rca and plug it into a open line on the mixer
    4. Hit play on iTunes track when the other dj is done
    5. have him disconnected from the serato box/mixer
    6. Plug the usb cable from the serato box to ur laptop (SSL goes into regular mode)
    7. Mix out of the track you are playing on iTunes.
    8. Rock the Party!!

I just plug my S4 into a free channel on the mixer and mix into the last dj's track. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    all i need now is for the pioneer to become standard in the clubs worldwide, as the 800 pretty much was.
    +1 to that!!
    Im loving that pioneer have done this!! No one can look down on you for using traktor!! In your face the pioneer mixer supports it and it was in the club when I got here!! :eek:
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014

It seems this is the thing everyone wanted, i was chatting with some rather famous DJ's the other week and it's set to be the way forward they reckon.

Tech Mentor

Could you post some screen shots of the usb configurator? I want to use it with Ableton, i've got a four track set up but want to know how i can use it with my sends as i want to send individual tracks rather than summing the master....

Cheers
    D