Midi Translator VCi-300 DJay Question
    Tech Wizard

Default Midi Translator VCi-300 DJay Question

I was just wondering after reading about the midi translator that any software that uses midi can use the VCI-300 with it. So I understand that the DJay software works with the VCI-100. So now what steps do I have to take to make the VCI-300 work with the DJay software. Has anyone tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLife View Post
    I was just wondering after reading about the midi translator that any software that uses midi can use the VCI-300 with it. So I understand that the DJay software works with the VCI-100. So now what steps do I have to take to make the VCI-300 work with the DJay software. Has anyone tried it?
    Use the midi translation software and manually assign the midi commands into your DJay software.

Tech Wizard

That's where I don't know what I'm doing. If anyone has got their VCI-300 to work with DJay software let me know where to start with the midi stuff and I'm pretty sure I can figure it out afterwards. Thanks again.

i think that djay doesn't provide a way to map your controller yourself, as someone in this thread suggested they should build a midi mapping tool:
    http://forum.djay-software.com/viewtopic.php?id=195

so the only way to get the vci-300 with djay working is to write in their forums about the mini.translator, maybe post a link for them and tell them that you wish to use djay with your 300. i don't think you can do more (besides considering other djay software).

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Wizard

As for the VCI-300, I love it using it with Itch, not a problem at all. Of course the fact of no sampling or effect is a let down. The reason I'm asking is because after reading on here about the midi translator, I think I remember someone saying that it would work on any software that can use midi and Djay is said to work with the VCI-100. So I thought that this would mean that the 300 would work on it with the translator.

yeah, the problem is the vci-100 sends different midi messages than than the vci-300, so my guess is that it wouldn't work...

but IMO itch is much better than djay - and itch has got great control over the jogs which is priceless...

if you want to use your 300 with a different dj software (one with fx and stuff) then my you should probably think about traktor - you can do your own mapping or get a mapping from here and try it out... just try the demo to see if it would fit you!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Tech Convert

Hi i was wondering does anybody have or can build or even show me a MIDI mapping tool for the VCI-100? Thanks in advance guys